Chapter Seven: I don't need you

Nandini’s heart was beating very fast as Manik was very close to her. He raised his thumb and brushed it over her rosy lips, she sighed. He moved forward to kiss her lips, but she moved away. He held her hand and pulled her towards him. Nandini's back was attached to Manik's bare body as he held her by the waist. He putted aside her wet hair and kissed on her shoulders making her shiver.

Nandini got out of the trance and realized the situation. She inhaled heavily, removed Manik’s hand from her waist and ran away from there without even daring to look back at him.

By seeing her running like that Manik also realized that he had gone too far again. He held his hand and cursed himself “what’s wrong with me? Why do I lose control over myself when she is around? Now she will hate me even more! Damn it” said Manik as he punched the wall in anger.

Nandini ran to her room and closed to door. “Aiyappa, why are you doing this to me? Have not you done enough with me already? Why I just could not push him away? No I will not go close to him there is no such feeling as love. I am sure we both have a feeling of lust and I will not encourage it. I can’t suffer more” said Nandini as tears formed in her eyes.

In Morning, at the Guest room,

Nandini’s father was sitting beside Mr. Malhotra. “How are you feeling my friend?” asked Nandini’s dad.

“I am feeling much better now, sorry to trouble you guys” said Mr. Malhotra.

“What trouble? Come on! You are my friend and I am sure you would have done the same thing if you were at my place” said Nandini’s father.

“Dad, the car is ready, come I will help you” said Manik as he peeked into the room.

“You go ahead, I will come in a bit with my friend” said Mr. Malhotra.

“Why is he in a hurry to take you home? Are you feeling that good to go ahead?” asked Nandini’s dad.

“Don’t worry, I only told him that I want to go home, Nandini did my dressing again this morning. You are lucky to have a daughter like her” said Mr. Malhotra.

“Yes, I am, she takes care of everyone. I wonder what will happen to us when she will get married and will go away” said Nandini’s dad.

Suddenly Mr. Malhotra thought of something “Are you seeing someone for her?” he asked.

“I have got many proposals for her but not finding a suitable one” said Nandini’s dad.

“I want to ask something from you, it’s your most precious thing, promise me that you will not deny it. It is the only way by which I can tie up my broken family and bring a smile into my son’s life” said Mr. Malhotra.

“Sure, how can I deny for anything to you” said Nandini’s dad with a smile.

“Okay, I want to see Nandini getting married to my son! I want her to become my daughter-in-law. I know this is a big decision, so think over it and reply me but please don’t say no” said Mr. Malhotra.

Nandini’s dad was stunned for a moment but he told that he would talk with Nandini and her mother about this, he also asked him to talk to Manik.

Nandini’s dad helped Mr. Malhotra to reach the car. Manik said thanks to Nandini’s dad, uncle and chachi for helping them, his eyes were searching for Nandini but she had left earlier to avoid him.

Few days passed,

Manik and Nandini avoided each other completely. All were busy in practicing for the cultural function.