Chapter Twelve: Stay a little longer

Outside the party hall,“Nandini, yeh kya hua tumhe? you are all wet” said Navya as she wiped Nandini’s head with her dupatta.

“Navya, plz don’t talk about that,Cabir ko call kar” said Nandini.

“Hume Pata hai uss Manik nei hi kuch kia hoga” said Navya as she urgently called Cabir.

After a while Cabir came running “Kya ho gaya? Itni emergency mei kyo bulaya?” asked he.

“Apna coat nikalo” said Navya.

Cabir rolled his eyes at Navya “Madhubala, I know mai bohat hot hu, but I can’t strip here” said Cabir teasingly.

“Nandini dekho na, kaise baat kar raha hai humse” complained Navya, like a child.

Nandini gave an angry look to Cabir.

“Ok meri ma, nikal raha hu ab jaan legi kya” said he as he opened his coat and gave to Nandini.

Nandini wore that.

“But Nandu, ti vig kaise gayi?” asked Cabir.

“Tumhare uss ghatiya, khambe jaise dost ki vajai se” said Navya.

Cabir looked at Nandini with concerned eyes “usnei fir sei misbehave kia tere sath?” he asked genuinely.

“I don’t want to talk, please mujhe ghar chor de” said Nandini.

“Tujhe kabse please bolne ki zarurat par gayi” said Cabir as he held Nandini’s hand.

Cabir thought “bas aur kuch din, tere life sei sari complications dur kar dunga”.

Nandini and Navya went with Cabir.

On the other hand Manik was searching for Nandini when someone informed him that she had went home with Cabir. So Manik also went home.

At Malhotra Mansion, Mr.Malhotra and Neyonika were happy that the party turned out to be nice and Manik behaved properly.

“yeh sab Nandini ke vajai se hua hai, just one day and she is already doing her magic” said Mr. Malhotra.

Neyonika smiled “yes, you are right, I hope it ends good” she said.

Manik returned home.

“Manik, itni der kyo lag gayi tumhe, Nandini toh kab ki aa gayi and why she was with Cabir?” asked Neyonika.

“Why don’t you ask her? Just stop bothering me” said Manik rudely and went upstairs.

At Nandini’s room, the lights were off and Nandini was sitting at the corner with her head down, she was still wearing the wet clothes. Suddenly the door fell open and Manik came inside. He called out her name but there was no reply, he became worried and turned on the lights.

Soon he spotted her. Manik shook his head and went to her. He sat down on the floor beside her.

He touched her shoulder and she looked up to him. Manik sighed and closed his eyes for a second then held her hand “Nandini, look I am sorry for what happened; I don’t know what happens to me when I come close to you; it’s like some unknown feelings hit me and I lose control. Today was not the 1st time, it happens all the time. I thought by staying away from you will solve the problem but it never gets solved” he said with a frustrating tone.

“Manik, you know what I was also thinking about it and it’s not letting me calm down. I think we fight this much that’s why we feel a physical attraction. If we could be normal, I mean like friends then eventually it will go away” said Nandini as she looked up to him.