Chapter 28 : Secret

At Manik's Farmhouse,
"Manik...please, we can't do this!" said Nandini. Manik moved away from her and got up from the bed.

Manik buried his face in his hands "Nandini, don't you trust me?" he stomped.

Nandini's face tensed up, she stood up and walked past him. Now she was standing in front of him. She held his hand and clucthed on it tightly "Manik, I can't even express what I feel about you. You have become an integral part of me" she said, her eyes were glassy now.

Manik smiled faintly and kept his hand on her face "then why are you away from me?" he asked.

"Even I want to be close to you, but I can't do it. Because...my mom, she has not accepted our relationship. And...I feel like I am cheating her" she said sadly.

Manik sighed deeply and then started laughing. Nandini looked at him with confused expression. Aiyappa yeh pagal toh nahi ho gaya, she thought. Manik then came close to her, his expression was serious now "you are so sweet Nandini, sabke feelings ka khayal rakhti ho. Though I hate to admit but you are right" he said with a half frowned face.

Nandini smiled and hugged him tightly "maine tumse yahi expect kia tha" she said while keeping her head on his chest.

He stroked her hair "but meri mushkil toh barh gayi, ab sasu ma ko impress karna parega."

At Riya's house,
Riya threw away her heels in anger. "Harshad, why don't you get it I want Manik, my motive his not to break that useless band" stomped Riya angrily.

Harshad was pacing across the room, he had a serious expression on his face "I also want that, but why is this so difficult?" he said.

Riya inhaled deeply "Nandini! That girl is holding a place in Manik's heart" she informed.

Harshad shrugged off "No way! They hate each other, this marriage means nothing to them" he bounced back.

Riya was confused "I have no clue and I don't care about anything else, tomorrow night will be the night, I will make him mine by any means" she announced.

Harshad nodded his head "I will clear the ground for you, I will make sure that Manik will be alone at his house, tomorrow night" he promised.

Early Morning, Malhotra Mansion,

"Manik...I know tu meri shakal vi nahi dekhna chahta but...ek baar mujhe explain toh karne dei" uttered Cabir sadly as he entered Manik's bedroom.

Manik sighed and looked at him "kya bolna hai tujhe?" he uttered.

"Manik, hum tujhe use nahi karna chahte thei...we only wanted your hapiness but we had no idea that ur hapiness lies in Nandini" he confessed.

Manik listened to him carefully as Cabir explained about the dealings with Riya.

"Maybe maine over react kar dia tha" he paused and then a shy smile appeared on his lips "but Nandini made me understand that impulsive hone sei faida nahi, cool mind sei handle karna parega" he said.

Cabir laughed "wow and tujhe samajh aa gaya! My sis rockz" he said proudly. Manik looked at him with a serious expression.

Cabir's face went gloomy "chor nah yaar galti ho gayi, ab jan lega kya" he said.

"Ek shart pe maaf karunga, tu kisiko nahi bolega that Nandini and I are together" then Manik leaned over him and grabbed his collars "keep this secret to your grave or I will dig ur grave right here" he warned.

Cabir swallowed and nodded his head in yes. Manik left his collar and laughed. Cabir was confused, he itched his head "yar, par chupana kyo hai?" he asked. "Riya kuch game plan kar rahi hai, and I want to know what's that" he said. "Hmm right" said Cabir.

At college,
Navya came running to Nandini. She gazed her from top to bottom "tu thik toh hai?" Navya asked with concern in her voice.

"Mujhe kya hoga?" Nandini asked with a confused look.

"Arreh uss monster sei baat karne gayi thi nah kal raat, isliye hum pareshan thei" she said.

Nandini tried to surpass her laugh "woh itna vi monster nahi hai" she said sweetly as the moments of yesterday night flickered in her mind.

Navya clicked her fingers before Nandini "tum pagal ho gayi ho, uss Manik kei bacche sei duur raho varna hum sab musibaat mei par jayenge" she warned.

"Hello saali ji, whassup?" winked Manik as he spoke in Navya's ear.

Navya jumped in fear and held Nandini's hand "hum..tumhari saali nahi hai, and hum sei duur raho" she said in a frightened voice.

Nandini was smiling. "Arreh bolnei sei rishta thodi nah tut jata hai, sali means aadhi gharwali" he winked again.

"Nandini chalo yaha sei" Nava whispered and pulled Nandini towards her.

But Nandini was lost in Manik's eyes and the absurd pulling caused her to trip and loose her balance. But before she could fall, Manik held her in his arms. He caught her by the waist and Nandini leaned on his arms.

By getting the opportunity, Manik held her close to his chest. There was a mischievous smile on his face. Nandini touched his face and brought her face close to him "Manik, ab zyada ho raha hai, hum college kei coridoor mei hai" she said shyly.

Navya came there and pulled Nandini away "By God! Issko toh sirf mauka chahiye, Nandini ko issei duur rakhna kitna mushkil hai" she uttered.

Manik laughed "mushkil kam ko try mat karo" he said.

"Hum try nahi karenge, we will succeed, chal Navya, iss Monster ki shakal vi nahi dekhna mujhe" Nandini stomped.

Manik was shocked. "Ha sahi bola, chal" said Navya and they walked away. While going away, Nandini turned back and winked at Manik. Manik smiled.

After class, at the canteen,
Nandini and Navya were discussing about their subject when Manik and his gang entered there. "Aa gaya rakshas" uttered Navya with an irritated expression.

"Kaun Cabir?" asked Nandini curiously. "Nahi! Cabir utna vi bura nahi hai" said Navya softly.

Nandini smiled "oye hoye what's cooking" she teased.

Manik was eyeing Nandini. Cabir pinched him "aise mat dekh sabko shak ho jayega and bad mei band meri bajegi" he warned.

Manik made a 'I don't care' expression. "Marvayenge yeh log" uttered Cabir and went to Nandini.

"Nandu, chal ghar chalte hai" he asked. Nandini nodded her head and collected her bag. Manik came in between. "Kya ghar chale? She is going with me" he demanded.

"Nahi, mom nei kaha to go home" Nandini said.

Manik was annoyed "had hai, shadi kei bad beti ko sasural na vejni wali ma maine pehli baar dekha hai" he stomped.

Nandini smiled, Aww Manik you are so cute she thought. "Ha tumhare jaisa pati ho toh koi apni beti ki shadi vi na karvai" Navya joined in to taunt Manik.

Manik made an angry expression to Navya "accha thik hai toh fir mai akele hi chaha jata hu, vaise koi meri care karnei vala toh nahi hai" he said as he frowned. Full Drama king, Nandini thought.

Nandini pulled his shirt and pulled him outside. "Ab kya hoga?" Navya asked worriedly. "World war" Cabir replied.

"Humesha tumhara natak start ho jata hai, kuch nahi samajhtei tum, bas apni marzi ki karna hai" Nandini kept on rebuking him. All of sudden he got mad and pressed his lips against hers, making her mum. After a quick smooch he got back and caressed her face. Nandini looked at him with dreamy eyes; she had not gotten over from that sparking moment. "This is compensation for staying away from me" he winked and walked away. Nandini sighed and tried to calm herself "he is toxic" she uttered

To be continued...