Chapter Ten: Going with the flow

After a whole night of crying, fighting and taunting Nandini had finally fallen asleep in her new room. Her phone rang and she sleepily answered it “Nandu, humne abhi abhi suna kya hua, Hosla rakho sab thik hoga, college ka baa rahi ho?” asked Navya in a concerned voice.

“Relax; I just could not sleep all night so late ho gaya, I will be there soon bye” said Nandini as she cut the call and got up from the bed to get ready for college.

Navya said to herself “puri raat so nahi payi? Manik nei kuch kia kia uske sath? After all unki pehli raat thi! Nahi! Aisa kuch nahi hua hoga, hum vi pagal hai, bechari Nandini” thought Navya.

Malhotra Mansion, Breakfast table,
Mr and Mrs Malhotra were having breakfast when Nandini came downstairs.

“Nandini, good morning where are you going? Have some breakfast” said Mr. Malhotra as he pulled a chair for her beside him.

“Nahi, umm uncle I am running late for college” said Nandini.

“That’s not the case you don’t want to spend time with us because you hate us right?” said Mr. Malhotra.

“Uncle it’s not like that, fine I will sit with you” said Nandini as she sat down and nibbled in a sandwich.

After a while Manik also came “dad, I hope you are fine now” said Manik bitterly on eyeing Nandini.

Nandini crooked her eyes at him “uncle, I shall leave now” she said and turned to leave.

“Wait tum akeli kaise jaogi, Manik is also going to college, you guys should go together” said Nyonika.

“Yes, Manik take her with you” said Mr. Malhotra.

“Fine” said Manik as he grabbed Nandini’s hand and both walked away.

“Not a bad start” said Mr.Malhotra as he smiled.

At the parking,

Nandini went ahead to the gate “hey listen, come with me I will drop you” said Manik as he unlocked his car.

“Nahi, I can manage” said Nandini.

“Don’t create a drama like last night” said Manik as he went close to her.

“What mai, drama create karti hu? U hugged me and kissed me last night” said Nandini.

The watchman of their house laughed on hearing about the hug and kiss. Manik felt awkward and held Nandini’s arm and whispered “look at him, kaise has raha hai by hearing us, do you want to make a joke of us?” said Manik.

Nandini nodded her head in no. “Come on, hold my hand and let’s go” said Manik.

Nandini did as he told. There were moments of silence in the car till they reached college.

At College, Manik and Nandini came out together the disgusted look was prominent on their faces. They were greeted by Cabir and Navya “Hey look at you, you guys are still alive! Maine toh socha mar dia hoga ek dusreko” said Cabir teasingly.

“Almost mar hi chulki hu” said Nandini with a frowned face.

“Kyo? Manik nei kya kia?” asked Navya shockingly.

“Listen, maine kuch nahi kia jo karti hai ye hi karti hai and mai vi koi full zinda nahi hu” said Manik.

“What do you mean by that? Kal raat tumne kya kia batauu?” said Nandini as she glared Manik .

“Ha bolo nah, mai vi chup nahi rahunga” said Manik answering on the same tone as her.

“UUU seems like it was a WILD night” said Mukti as she and Cabir laughed.