Chapter 25 : Pain and Love

At the party, Moorthy’s residence,

“Nandu, don’t worry full proof plan hai mera, Manik kei saath tujhe vejnei ka just trust me” said Cabir as he smiled wildly.

“Dekhlena, agar kuch garbar hua nah toh mai teri jaan le lungi” warned Nandini.

“Arreh kuch nahi hoga,trust me” said Cabir and went back to the party.

Nandini bit her nail “uss monster ko kaise manau” she  thought .

“Arreh Nandini, tumhari toh shadi ho gayi thi na, tumhara pati kaha hai, jhagra ho gaya kya ussei” said a mean looking friend of her chachi who had always wanted to get Nandini married to her son and was not happy with Nandini’s marriage.

Nandini did not know what to answer, that’s when chachi stepped in to help her “hayye jhagra kyo hoga, Manik, zara yaha aana toh” uttered Chachi. Manik approached them, Chachi introduced them to her friend “dekh dolly kitni pyari Jodi hai dono ki, Manik bohat accha ladka hai, parhai ke saath saath business vi sambhalta hai” said Chachi as she patted on Manik’s shoulder, he smiled and felt good.

“Accha mujhe zara kisisei milna hai , mai chalti hu” said Dolly as she felt jealous and walked past them.

Chachi laughed “jal gayi, mere baccho ko dekhke, nazar na lage dono ko” said Chachi as she smiled affectionately at them and went away.

Nandini held Manik’s hand “suna tumne, we look so good together” she blinked her eyes at him. Manik was blushing a little but he controlled that in front of Nandini, he removed his hand from hers and walked away. Nandini followed him again held his hand and started walking, she was angry, she pulled Manik into her room and locked the door.

She hit him on his chest, Manik held her grip, both of them sighed and looked at each other. “Kya kar rahi ho tum?” Manik asked impatiently.

“Tum kya kar rahe ho Manik, khamokha mujhsei naraz hoke baith gaye, maine itna dressup kia only for you and tum thik sei mujhe dekh vi nahi rahe ho” said Nandini sadly.

Manik felt her tone to be too cute and all his anger just went down to his sleeve. He smiled and wrapped his arm around her waist, which caused her delicate body to press against his. He felt her softness. She sighed and looked up to his smiling face, she fingered his cheek and blushed. Manik roamed his hand around her back through the backless blouse giving her shivers.

He brought his face near to her ear and whispered, “hmm so all these is to make me mad” he said and looked at her teasingly. Nandini blushed and held on to his arms as she hid her face on his chest. Manik smiled and hugged her tightly, she hugged him back.

“Nandini, I know I was angry for no reason, my heart knew what you feel for me” said Manik sweetly.

Nandini looked up to him “Manik, u know its not easy for me to stay away from you, but..” she could not complete her sentence as Manik putted his hand on her lips “shhhh, u don’t need to explain, your eyes have told me about the craving that you had for me” said Manik passionately as he caressed her soft lips and bent down to taste it.

Nandini closed her eyes, giving him full access. He was kissing her passionately, both were lost in each other, when they heard the sound of shouting. Both became tensed and looked at each other “Manik, kya ho raha hai?’ Nandini asked. “Lets, find out, come” said Manik as they went out of the room.

At the terrace,
Riya and Mukti were arguing loudly and Cabir was trying to stop them when MaNan reached there.

“Tum morals pei lecture mat do Mukti, tum toh khud Manik ko use kar rahi thi to get the album, kyo tumne aur Cabir nei mujhe promise kia tha nah that you will help me to woo Manik and in return of that I will encourage my dad to give you the album?” uttered Riya in a loud tone.

Fab 3, Nandini and Navya were stunned by hearing that. Cabir looked around and sighed in relief that all the other guests were downstairs only they were on the terrace. Mukti was silent along with Cabir.

Manik became angry and went to Riya “what the hell are you saying? My friends can never be this mean to me, they are my family” said Manik in a high pitched voice.

Riya laughed “accha mai jhooth bol rahi hu, then ask Mukti and Cabir, sab clear ho jayega” said she confidently.

Nandini came forward “ha hum puchenge, Cabir, Mukti tum dono chup kyo ho, kaho that this Riya is lying bolo nah” she jerked Cabir .

Manik understood everything and his face turned expressionless “yeh log kuch nahi bolenge, coz they are guilty” said Manik.

Mukti came close to Manik “listen, humne yeh kia tha but…” Manik did not let her finish the sentence, he shouted at the top of his voice, the pain was evident in his voice “shut up! Just shut up! You guys traded me for an album? You forgot our childhood friendship? You were planning to use me! I can’t believe this…all these is looking like a nightmare to me” said Manik as tears formed in his eyes and he ran away from there.

Mukti and Cabir followed him to the gate, but he did n’t stop, he got in his car and drove away.

Mukti and Cabir stared at each other hopelessly, with guilt and pain in their eyes.

To be continued...