Chapter 1

Welp. It really did happen. In the backyard near the garden, the corners of Jenner Tello's mouth wilted. Mom stood under the wooden arch and blissfully placed her lips on her new husband's lips. The man? None other than Trevor, the father of Michael Taggart.

And Michael was the love of Jenner's life, standing tall and broad next to Trevor.

Jenner and Michael applauded with the rest of the dolled-up guests. They sat in the front row as the newlyweds rushed down the aisle.

Michael sported his dashing, dimpled smile while boasting the pride he must've felt. After all, Trevor had finally found the right woman after many years of incompatible ones, and she just happened to be Mommy Dearest herself.

Mom was just as happy after she hadn't had much luck with men herself. She deserved it, especially her honeymoon to her hometown of Puerto Rico as her own happily ever after. Who could blame her when the brunet father was just as football-studly as the brunet son, blue eyes and all? Yet no matter how hard Jenner tried, he couldn't be happy. Was he selfish to think like this? To not want to accept his new brotherhood with Michael because of the role he played in his heart and thoughts?

Eh, what did it matter? Michael was straight, and he'd been a popular jock in high school. But they'd see much more of each other when started college, for extra torture, and just days away in September. Though, thankfully not in the same dorm room. Living together with their newlywed parents outside of the dorms was already enough of a tease. Their first college experience deserved better than that kind of drama.

College. Already. Living in the small college town of Hickeyhook in northern Michigan was convenient since they were attending Hickeyhook College just down a few streets. What was college life like? Would it be as boring as high school? Dorm life sounded much more interesting, though.

Michael and the others scattered away to mingle out in the beautiful, skin-browning weather. Well, skin-browning for others since Jenner turned red under the sun with as light as he was, but Michael was worse because he got moon burns.

Michael. What was it like to kiss him, to taste his lips, to nibble his lower lip that was fuller than his upper one? What was it like to gaze into his beautifully-blue eyes while Michael would gaze into Jenner's brown ones? What was it like to have Michael's strong arms wrapping around Jenner's slender body? Because Jenner wasn't very tall, he had to look up to look at Michael, just the way he liked it.

Someone cleared his throat from behind Jenner.

Jenner turned around, and there was Javier Ortega's eye-rolling smirk.

Javier chuckled and inched closer, his brown eyes sparkling with amusement. "You're never going to have him, you know." He scoped the small crowd and grabbed Jenner's clothed butt to give it a little squeeze.

Jenner slapped his hand away, his eyes narrowing. "You can't do that anymore."

"Ah. So not only do you break up with me, but you decide we can't mess around anymore. I see."

"You already know I don't work that way."

"Yeah, yeah, I know. You're the love type." Javier rolled his eyes. He might've been tall, dark, and handsome with an athletic build, but the way he was as a person was something else entirely.

Jenner sighed. "I should've never told you about Michael."

"Relax. I'm not going to tell anyone." He leaned closer again and briefly stroked Jenner's brown hair, another annoying smirk spanning his face. "I do miss your nice lips on my dick, though."

"Javier!" Jenner said through clenched teeth as he swatted Javier's hand away from his hair. He turned his head for a quick glance at everyone else, his cheeks tingling.

Javier chuckled. "What? It's a compliment. And it's not like no one knows we're gay." He lowered his gaze to Jenner's backside and licked his lips. "Damn. What a tease. I never got to fuck that hot little twink ass of yours—"

"Okay, we're done here." Jenner turned to walk away, but Javier grabbed him by the wrist.

Javier formed a serious face and whispered, "I was your first and only gay experience. Don't ever forget that."

Jenner shook his head, rolling his eyes. He peeled Javier's grip off his wrist and nonchalantly walked away toward Mom and Trevor. The first and still the only gay experience? True. But not the first and only gay love. That was already reserved.

For Michael.