Chapter 2

Charlotte's hair was in a wildly messy pony tail, not a speck of make-up on her face. As she got out of her car, she quickly attempted to smooth out her outfit.

At least it's clean.

She reached her hand out to her daughter and they both raced up to the front door, giggling madly. Cassie jumped up to reach the doorbell and her mother laughed. They were late as usual but, it didn't bother the two girls in the slightest.

The door opened revealing a woman Charlotte's age. She wore a pastel pink skirt and a white blouse, her blonde hair pulled back into the tightest bun she had ever seen.

"Ahh, Charlotte." she greeted, her tone dripping in disgust.

Yes, we're late. Again. I get it.

"So glad you could finally join us." The woman continued grinning at her not so subtle dig. Charlotte grinned sarcastically.

"Sorry Addison, we got caught up watching cartoons."

Addison's eyes widened significantly at the thought of letting a child watch cartoons. Her jaw dropping slightly at Charlotte's smug smirk. "Shall we?"

Charlotte pushed past her, Cassie at her side. As soon as they were inside, Cassie raced up stairs running towards the sound of little girls laughing. The two woman made their way inside and joined the rest of the mothers in the 'sitting room'. Charlotte refused to call it that.

It was a god damn, den. Giving it a fancy name doesn't magically change it's purpose.

"We were discussing the murder last night." A woman spoke as both Addison and Charlotte took their seats. Charlotte's eyes widened and she stiffened.

"Murder?" She asked. All the woman turned to look at her.

"Oh yes, it was dreadful. George Marcus killed his wife. The neighbors called the police when they heard her screaming and they found him covered in blood. Poor Margret." A red head explained.

"Eh, her fault for marrying a psychopath. I always knew there was something off with that man." Another added, shaking her head in disgust.

"How did he kill her?" Charlotte asked.

"I heard he chopped her up with a meat cleaver." Addison answered.

"Oh my God." She whispered looking down. The woman quickly changed the subject and began talking about another mom and her new breast implants. Charlotte tuned it out.

She wished above all else that she was somewhere else. Anywhere else. But these were Cassie's friends and she learned quickly that she would do anything for her baby girls happiness. Even if that meant socializing with the nasty woman in front of her.

She didn't even notice Addison get up to answer the door but, when she entered the room again she wasn't alone. "Ladies." She grinned. "This is special agent Johnson and Rose." She gestured to two men in suits.

Aren't those the vocalist in AC/DC?

Thoughts on the sketchy murder? What about our lovely Addison?

Also, working on a posting schedule... Chapters are gonna be on the shorter side so I'm hoping for three a week???