Chapter 13

Charlotte's mind was running wild. How did it come to this? It wasn't supposed to go down this way? 

The morning had started calmly. She woke up to the sun peaking through her windows, minutes later Cassie had crawled in bed for a morning cuddle session. Charlotte was still in shock, but Cassie helped distract her. 

She wished she never got out of bed. That's where it all went down hill. She was making breakfast for Cassie while she watched TV in the other room.

"Mommy? You're on TV!"

Her heart stopped. She had barely processed the words before her feet had taken her to the other room. There she was. On TV. Wanted for the murder of Addison Wheeler. In just minutes she had Cassie and her packing a bag and ready to leave.

"Cassie lets go!" She yelled to her daughter as she picked up the duffel bag by the couch. A bang came from the front door.

No. No. No!

"Charlie? It's Sam and Dean!" Deans voice immediately calmed her nerves and she released a breath she didn't know she was holding. Pushing over to the front door she opened it and greeted the two men.

"Need a ride?" Sam asked. She smiled sadly.

"No, you two don't need to get involved in this."

"Charlie, it's our fault your here in the first place. Please let us help." Sam begged.

"If you get in your car, your gonna get caught in the first 10 miles. Everyones looking for you and I'd say you have 5 minutes before this street is covered in cops." Dean spoke. He took the duffel from her hands and walked over to the stair case to grab Cassie's bag.

"Get Cassie, let's get out of here."

He didn't give her a choice as he exited the house and went to put the bags in the impala. 

"You got everything?" Sam asked, standing in the doorway. She thought for a moment before her eyes widened. 

"Cassie's car seat. Can you grab it from the back seat?" 

Sam seemed hesitant but nodded and rushed over to the garage. Cassie hopped down the stairs, still not sure what was going on. 

"You ready baby?" Charlotte had tears in her eyes. Cassie cocked her head to the side.

"Mommy, why are you crying?" She grabbed her mother's hand and Charlotte bent down to meet her level. 

"I'm okay cupcake. I'm just a little sad." She smiled sadly, wiping at her eyes again. 

Stop crying. I don't cry.

"Don't be sad mommy. I love you." She gave her mother a large hug and Charlotte held her, the girls legs wrapping around her waist. The two were unaware that the brothers were standing outside the door watching and waiting. 

Charlotte walked out, Cassie still on her hip, giving the brothers a nod of reassurance before closing the door. She gave the house one last look before turning towards the impala.

This was where Cassie was supposed to grow up. Charlotte dreamed of getting a play set in the backyard. Taking prom pictures in front of the large tree out front. Sending her off to college from the driveway. This wasn't the life she wanted for Cassie and now it was the only choice she had.

They were both on the run.