Chapter 4

The two girls footsteps alerted everyone of their presence as they came down the stairs. Both Agents stood using it as the perfect excuse to escape the woman around them. Charlotte kept cool as she stood in the door way of the sitting room to announce their departure. 

"Sorry ladies. As much fun as this has been we have to go. Cassie doesn't feel well. Probably ate to many cupcakes." Charlotte grinned not even trying to hide her sarcasm. A couple of woman gasped aloud at her remarks. The idea of cupcakes was not accepted in their group let alone anything with sugar. Charlotte knew this. She just loved the reactions she got whenever she fought the system. 

Addison looked at her with utter disdain before replacing it with a conceited smile. "Well, we can't all be perfect, can we?" She laughed, a couple other woman chuckling. 

Agent Rose and Agent Johnson kept neutral expressions as they watched the scene in front of them. It was quite obvious the woman did not fit in with the rest of them. She was dressed in jeans, a t-shirt, and a flannel. The others wore skirts and dresses in pastel colors. Their hair was perfectly tamed while hers was wild and curly. They all had dainty heels and she wore black boots. 

It was difficult for the men to hold back a comment at the woman's rude remarks, but they managed. Plus, Charlotte seemed to be handling herself well even with her clenched fist behind her back.

"I knew you would understand." Charlotte smiled. "I'll see you ladies next week, can't wait."

With that she turned around and let herself out, closing the door behind her. She let out a loud groan and then looked at her daughter. "Let's get out of here."

The two girls hopped down the steps before racing each other to car. Meanwhile the two agents had excused themselves and watched the woman and her daughter from the front entrance. They both had small smiles as they watched her run after her daughter, trying to get her in the car, wide smiles on their faces. Cassie's laughs filled the front yard. 

"Cassie looks like she's feeling better." Agent Rose commented. 

"Yeah well, with a mom like that, I'd be feeling better too." Agent Johnson grinned watching Charlotte lean over to buckle her daughter in her car seat.

"Dean, gross."

"Ah, come on Sammy. She's hot, admit it." He laughed before both boys began their walk towards the car. As Charlotte shut the back door she cringed at hearing the 'agents' call her name.

"You're Charlotte right?" Agent Johnson asked as she turned around.

"Yeah, uh, Charlies fine." She nodded. "Can I help you?" 

"Yeah actually. We are wondering if you know anything about the murder of Margret Marcus?" Agent Rose asked. 

"No. I actually just heard about it from the women inside." She answered. "I wish I could help, but I need to get Cassie home."

"Yes of course, if you hear anything please call us." 

Dean pulled a card out of his jacket pocket and handed it to her. She looked at it before sliding it into the back pocket of her jeans. "Sure." She nodded.

With that she walked to the drivers side and slid into her seat. Giving a wave to the two men she put the car in drive and zoomed away. Sam and Dean looked at each other before getting in their car. 

"Follow her?" Sam asked as Dean pulled out onto the road.

"Oh, yeah."