Chapter 10

"Charlie, are you okay?"

"It's Addison."

"That bitch from your book club?"

Charlotte frowned. "Hey, it's not a book club. But, yeah that's her. They're getting into her car. I'm following."

"No!" Sam and Dean both yelled into the phone. Charlotte pulled it away from her ear cringing.

"What? Why not?" 

"You need to stay safe, go home. Be with Cassie." Dean answered. Charlotte frowned, but Dean was right. She couldn't hunt again. She watched as Addison drove off and released a deep sigh.

"Okay, you're right."

"Thank you Charlie, for everything. You really helped us." Sam thanked, joining the conversation.

"Please be careful. Call me when your both safe and sound." She smiled sadly, leaning back against the headrest.

"We will. Bye Charlie." Dean said.

"Bye boys."

Charlotte set her phone down in the cup holder. Her heart was pounding out of her chest. The adrenaline had began to build, the excitement of the hunt getting to her. What was she thinking? She couldn't. She wouldn't.

She fished her keys from her purse and started home. Her mind drifted to the boys. She had known them two days and was already worried about them. They had made quite the impression on both her and Cassie.

Cassie couldn't stop talking about the brothers. After the mornings pancake fiasco, the Winchester's took them for breakfast. Sam had taught Cassie how to pour her syrup in the shape of a smiley face. She thought it was the most clever thing in the world. Dean blew bubbles in his coffee which resulted in yet another mess. She thought it was the funniest thing in the world. Her giggles brought a smile to the three adults faces.

She sat at a red light. 

It turned green. 

She didn't move. 

What the hell am I doing?

With a sharp turn of the wheel she turned left, and headed straight for Addison's home. Her head was going wild.

 How the hell could I help? I haven't hunted in five years. What if something happens? Dean was right, I should turn around. God damn it.

She stopped the car two houses back, right behind the impala. They were inside. She sat in the car and stared at the windows. The lights inside made a silhouette visible in the down stairs window. It was a woman. Addison.

Where were the boys?

Charlotte made her way towards the house, staying out of view. She swiftly jumped a fence to the backyard and stayed low. A window on the side of the house was open, casting light outside. She crouched below it and slowly peaked her head over the ledge.

In the middle of the sitting room sat two chairs. Sam and Dean were tied to them.

Damn it.

She couldn't hear what was going on, but she watched Addison smile wickedly as she walked around the two men. Grabbing Sam's face, Addison spoke. Whatever she said angered both men as they thrashed in their chairs and Dean craned his neck over to look at her. 

Addison's face dropped before she backhanded Dean across the face. Charlotte cringed. Her eyes scanned the rest of the room. Behind the couch was a man, the same men she left the bar with. Except his throat was slit, crimson staining the carpet below him. 

A bronze dagger lay in the puddle. Obviously their plan was to use his blood, however he was no longer under her spell. They had no way to kill her.

Charlotte looked back to the boys just in time to watch Addison straddle Dean. Her lips were on his and in just seconds he gave in to her venom. Sam attempted to jerk his head away knowing what was coming, but failed. Both Winchester's were under her spell.

I'm screwed.