Chapter 15

Pulling up to a gas station, Dean turned off the engine. They were practically in the middle of no where. It was late at night, and no one was around except for the clerk inside the small store. Charlotte got out of the car.

"Hey what are you doing?" Dean stood in front of her as she quietly shut the back door.

"I've got to get something." She replied pulling her hoody over her head and jamming her hands in her pocket.

"Sam and I can get it. You stay here."

"Dean. We are four states over. You really think it went national? Plus, you and Sam won't know what to get. I'll be back." With that she turned around and walked towards the store. Sam and Dean shared a look.

"You go with her, I'll fill up baby." Dean decided gesturing to the hooded female.

Charlotte walked inside, the clerk didn't even look up when the bell rung. She walked to the back of the store and grabbed a cheap bottle of bleach and a couple other items. Walking to the front of the store she set the items on the counter. Just as the clerk looked up to ring her items Sam strolled up, right in front of her.

"I got it, you go back to the car."

She shrugged, but followed his directions and went back out. Sam couldn't fathom what she would be doing with the items on the counter, but didn't question it.

2 hours later, Dean couldn't drive anymore. The impala rolled into a motel, one of the nicer looking ones they had visited. Sam went to get a room and Dean unloaded their bags. When Charlotte learned they would be sharing a room she refused.

How would they handle living with a five year old? She needed her space as well, however Dean wouldn't budge. Both brothers agreed it was safest and so, they shared a room.

Charlotte carefully undid Cassie's seat belt, trying not to wake her up. She whimpered slightly at the movement but tucked her head into Charlotte's neck and went back to sleep.

"You got her?" Dean whispered. Charlotte nodded and gave him a smile. They met up with Sam who unlocked the door and held it open for Charlotte. She walked in and skillfully pulled back the covers of a bed with one hand before laying Cassie in it.

The brothers smiled as she gave her daughter a kiss on the head and tucked her in. Charlotte was an amazing mother. They knew that from the moment they saw her chasing Cassie around in Addison's front yard.

"I'm going to take a shower, you boys want in first? I might be a while." She said as she grabbed the plastic bag of things she bought earlier as well as a pile of clean clothing.

"You're good. Take your time." Sam smiled as he took his laptop out and set it on the small kitchen table.

"Okay, suit yourself." She grinned.

Closing the door with her foot she emptied the contents of her bag onto the small counter. She was beyond thankful that the bathroom was clean and actually rather nice. She took her shower, enjoying the hot water running over her tanned skin. Towel drying her hair she wrapped one tightly around her chest before staring into the mirror.

This should be interesting.

She brushed out her long wet hair and put it in a pony tail. Picking up the cheap scissors she reached behind her head and chopped of the pony tail as evenly as she could. Her hair now fell right above her shoulder.

She smiled. It was different, but she kinda liked it. It was liberating.

Three long hours and a lot of bleach later, she was done.