Chapter 12

Charlotte's eyes filled with unshed tears. She slowly lowered the dead siren to the ground, guilt filling her heart.

Sam and Dean awoke from their trances, both completely aware.

Charlotte dropped the blade, it clanked down the marble stair case. Sam and Dean stood behind her, both men filled with dread looking at the scene in front of them. 

"Charlie?" Dean asked, his voice quiet and filled with concern. She hastily wiped at her eyes with her jacket sleeve before turning around.

"Are you guys okay?"

They nodded slowly, unsure of how to react. Charlotte didn't know how to react either. She had just killed someone. Yes, she was a monster who was murdering people, but she was also a mother. 

"Oh god." She whispered as the thought entered her mind. The boys looked at her with worry as she raced up the stairs. 

"Charlie stop!" Dean tried.

"Where are you going?" Sam yelled after her disappearing form. They looked at each other before following. They found her in a doorway at the end of the hallway. As they moved to stand next to her they realized where she was.

A little girls room, a playroom of sorts. The realization came to the boys that Addison had a little girl. 

"Charlie, we have to get out of here. Someone would have heard and called the police by now." Dean spoke. 

Charlie nodded, but didn't move. "Charlie?" Sam tried to gain her attention. The brothers shared a look.

"Go wipe the prints, make sure they can't trace it back to us. I'll take care of her." Dean spoke quietly to his brother. Sam nodded, glancing at Charlotte before walking away.

Dean slowly leaned forward and turned off the rooms light, before grabbing the handle and shutting the door. Charlotte now stared at the closed door, her nose inches away from it. 

"I killed her. I killed a little girl's mother." She whispered, her voice cracking.

"Charlie, you saved our lives. She was a monster, she murdered people in cold blood." 

"She had a daughter Dean."

"I know Charlie." Dean grabbed her arms and pulled her towards him, embracing her the best he could with his injured shoulder. "I'm so sorry."

She laid her hands against his chest and released a sob. Tears streamed down her face. Dean held one arm around her waist and the other on her head. His heart was filled with guilt. This was his fault, she was hurting because of him. 

Her tears stopped quicker then he expected. She took a deep breath before pulling away from his warmth. "I'm sorry I stabbed you."

He grinned. "No problem. Happens all the time."

The corner of her mouth twitched, but she held back the smile. Sam emerged from the staircase behind them. "We got to go, I hear sirens."

The trio quickly made their way out of the house and raced for their cars. Dean refused to let Charlotte drive so she handed over her keys to Sam and joined Dean in the impala. The ride was silent as they followed behind Sam.

"Dean?"

"Yeah?"

"Promise me we make sure that little girl is safe. That she isn't alone. I need you to promise." She said.

Dean hesitated. How could he promise that? She could be just as dangerous as her mother. So, he put on a reassuring smile and nodded.

"Promise." He lied.