Chapter 18

"Bobby Singer."

"Charlie Kennedy. It's good to see you darling, you sure grew up." The old man grinned as he wrapped Charlotte in a hug. Bobby's eyes moved to the little girl standing next to her.

"And this must be Cassie." He bent down and stuck out his hand. Cassie smiled widely as she took his hand in a firm grip and shook it, just like her mommy taught her. He gave an impressed nod.

"Nice grip missy."

She blushed and grabbed her mothers hand. "Boys. You know where to put that." Bobby gestured to the bags in their hands.

"Awe come on Bobby, no hugs for us?" Dean pouted as he walked by. Bobby smacked him across the back of the head. Cassie giggled at Dean's over exaggerated whimper and pout.

"Oh, you think that's funny do you?" Dean asked his eyes wide. Cassie sucked her lips in attempting to keep a straight face. Dean struggled not to grin.

"I'll show you what's funny!" he exclaimed laughing loudly as he dropped the bags in the middle of the hallway and chased after the screaming girl.

"Should of known I had two children moving in." Bobby grumbled watching Dean chase her up the stairs two at time.

Charlotte grinned. Dean had warmed up quickly to Cassie as soon as he realized the were quite similar. They both loved food. He had done wonders at giving Charlotte a break and taking care of the little girl. Charlotte eyed the house around her. It was obvious Bobby had tried to clean up a bit but, other than that it was just how she remembered.

"So, what's the plan for the Kennedy's?" Bobby asked. Sam gave him a warning look, but he ignored it. He was practically an uncle to Charlotte, he wouldn't be kept in the dark. Charlotte didn't hesitate as she walked to the kitchen and pulled a beer out of the fridge.

"Well, I've been thinking." She started just as Dean walked in. She immediately noticed the lack of a certain five year old.

"You lose her already?" Charlotte smirked.

"Nah, we found some of our old toys upstairs and she is having a field day with them." Dean answered getting his own beer.

"Anyways, the last thing I want to do is be a burden to any of you. You have already done so much and-"

"I don't know about these boys, but if you're about to suggest leaving? Don't. You're family, we ain't leaving you to fend for yourself." Bobby spoke, his voice firm.

Charlotte nodded. "I'd figure you'd say that."

"And?" Sam urged her to continue.

"Well, Cassie's five. I would have told her eventually no matter what. I wanted her to be able to protect herself if she needed to. But, I don't want to tell her now, she's smart, but she wouldn't understand. I want her to have a childhood."

"You can stay with me as long as you need." Bobby offered.

"Thank you." She looked at the boys. "I want to hunt. I want to teach Cassie to defend herself without her knowing what she needs defending from. I'll homeschool her, she was smart enough to skip two grades, she can handle homeschool."

"Are you sure you want to hunt? You could always-" She cut Dean off.

"I've had over a week to think about this. It's what I want. It's what I was raised to do and I'm proud of it. So the real question is, what does Bobby charge for babysitting?" She smiled looking at the bearded man across from her.

"How bout a beer every once in a while."

Charlotte nodded graciously.

I hope to God this works out.