Chapter 8

It was Friday. Friday's Charlotte slept in. She needed all the sleep she could get, because in a matter of hours she would be serving drinks at the local bar. She needed a way to make money and waitressing just wasn't cutting it. She needed more than minimum wage and crappy tips to keep Cassie and her alive.

As soon as she found out there was an opening, she took the job. Friday nights she worked from five pm until closing. Cassie stayed the night at their next-door neighbor's  who also happened to be Cassie's babysitter. It all worked out.

If she didn't sleep in, she would be exhausted less then halfway through her shift. She had experienced that many times before. That's why the sound of loud giggles from down stairs was a shock.

Cassie knew that Friday mornings are when mommy sleeps. So why was her daughter laughing hysterically. A loud bang had Charlotte shooting out of bed. She was racing down the stairs and into the kitchen in no time.

Of course she had not expected to see Cassie on the floor giggling like a maniac and the Winchester brother's covered in a variety of pancake ingredients. 

"What in the world is going on in here?" Charlotte asked her eyes wide as she scanned the mess in her kitchen. The giggling stopped. Cassie looked up to her mother and grinned sheepishly. 

"We were making you breakfast." She answered sweetly.

Charlotte looked up to the boys who were both frozen on the spot. Sam was holding a handful of flour and Dean had an egg in his fist just above Sam's head. A bowl lay on it's side on the floor, pancake batter leaking out and into a puddle. 

Both the Winchester's and her kitchen were a mess. Cassie however did not have a speck on her perfect pink pjs.

Charlotte threw her hands in the air and opened her mouth letting an exasperated sigh leave her lips. Sam and Dean cringed at her angered expression and gave each other a look. Before Charlotte could say anything they pointed at each other.

"He started it."

"His fault." 

Charlotte grinned at this. These grown men were actually children. She shook her head before pointing at Cassie. 

"You, go brush your teeth and get dressed. Make your bed too." Cassie stood up from the floor and hugged her mother's legs.

"Good morning Mommy." She grinned. 

"Good morning cupcake. Now hurry and we can go out for breakfast when your done."

Cassie smiled widely before racing past Charlotte and running up stairs. Charlotte then looked to the boys. Walking over she held out her hand. "Give me the egg Dean."

He grinned sheepsihly before handing it over. "Sam, drop the flour."

Sam opened his palm and let the fluffy white powder join the mess on the floor. "Both of you, shower now. I'll clean this up. You boys can take us out to breakfast. Your treat." She smirked happily. 

She tiptoed around the fallen ingredients and pushed both boys out of the kitchen. "You got it." Sam agreed before walking off in the direction of the bathroom. Dean smirked happily before back pedalling towards the guest room. 

"Cute PJ's Charlie." 

With that he spun around and walked away. Charlotte looked down with a blush covering her cheeks. She wore a very large t-shirt covered in Disney princesses. It came mid thigh, hiding the small pair of sleeping shorts underneath it. On top of all that. She was braless.

Asshole.