Chapter 7

Charlotte slowly and quietly shut Cassie's bedroom door, having just put her to sleep. She ran her hands through her hair as she walked down the stair case and joined the Winchester's in the kitchen. 

"She's down for the night." She announced walking over to the fridge. She pulled out three beers, offering one to each man. 

"Do you guys have a place to stay?" She asked her voice low, as to not wake her daughter.

"Yeah, we are getting a room at the Franklin Motel." Sam answered. Charlotte cringed. She had stayed there once before when she had a hornets nest in her attic. Her and Cassie had to leave for the day while it was being removed and she got a room for them. She wouldn't let Cassie touch anything, convinced that the stain in the center of the room was blood. 

"It ain't that bad." Dean spoke noticing her face. 

"Yeah, it is that bad." She responded. "I've got a guest room and a pull out couch. Your welcome to it."

"We couldn't Char-" She cut Sam off.

"Don't. Just say yes and promise me you are gonna kill this thing." 

Dean nodded. "You have our word."

It was silent once again. Charlotte sat on a bar stool at the kitchen counter, sipping on her beer as she stared at the floor. Sam sat at the kitchen table, his long legs sprawled out to the side. Dean took a long swig of his beer as he leaned up against the doorway, arms crossed.

"What is it?" She wondered. 

"What happened to staying out of it?" Sam asked.

"Oh shut up and tell me." She smirked setting her beer down and leaning an elbow on the countertop. 

"We don't know for sure but, we think its a siren." Sam started.

"Damn." Charlotte muttered to herself. 

"George is pretty out of it but, he kept saying he had to do it. That it was for some woman he met at a bar. Said he was in love with her." 

"So, this chick picks up guys and then forces them to kill their wives?" She asked not convinced. 

"Exactly. Same thing happened a town over to two other couples. They're desperate for love so they have someone kill for them to prove it." Dean answers. "Any possible suspects?"

Charlotte lets out a snort. "Do I know any desperate, love-seeking woman?"

"Okay, point taken." Dean pouts.

"How are you gonna kill it?" She asks.

"Blood from someone infected. That's the hard part." Sam answers. 

Charlotte nods. She didn't like the feeling she was getting from talking about the hunt. The feeling of adrenaline building up inside her and the urge to kill. It wasn't who she was anymore. She couldn't be that person. She stood up and threw the half empty bottle of beer away.

"I'm gonna hit the hay. I'll put some pillows and a blankets on the couch. Bathroom is down the hall, there's clean towels under the sink. Um, help yourself to anything." She smiled before turning and heading towards her room.

Sam and Dean shared a look as she walked away. As soon as she was up the stairs they began speaking in hushed tones.

"We cannot let her get anymore involved than she already is." Dean spoke.

"I know, I agree, but there's not much we can do Dean. Just do our best to keep her and Cassie away from the danger." Sam replied. Dean sighed in a agreement as he sunk down in his chair. 

"Ready to do some research? We got to find this thing and quick." Sam spoke opening his laptop on the table in front of him.

"Hell yeah, let's find this SOB."