Chapter 11

Charlotte claimed she was rusty. That was about to be put to the test. It took her all but 10 seconds to decide what she would do and it might be the worst idea ever. But, it was the only one she had. 

Walking up to the front door, she rang the doorbell. Rapping her fist against the door she then rang the doorbell two more times, urgency in her actions. It opened to reveal Addison with a smug grin.

"Addison, have you seen Cassie?" Charlotte forced tears to her eyes. Addison shook her head, falling for Charlotte's act.

"What? No? What happened?" 

"I- I took my eyes off of her for two seconds. She was in the front yard playing and then she was just gone. I thought she might come here but-" Charlotte covered her face as she sobbed. Addison pulled Charlotte inside and quickly past the sitting room where a dead body sat hidden behind the couch.

"Calm down, we'll find her." She smiled in annoyance. It was obvious to Charlotte she was upset she was being interrupted however she hoped she would play along. Charlotte eyed the couch at the back of the sitting room where the blade sat.

Where are Sam and Dean?

Addison picked up the phone, about to dial 9-1-1 when Charlotte made her move. Pushing off her back leg she made a run for the couch. Addison never saw it coming. The brunette jumped over the back and picked up the blade before turning around to see a furious looking Addison.

She chuckled standing in the doorway of the sitting room. "Oh Charlotte, that was good. You had me going there." She laughed. "Oscar worthy, honestly. But, did you forget something?"

Sam and Dean stepped into view and stood on either side of her.

Shit.

"Boys?" Addison grinned.

Sam and Dean smirked wickedly. "We told you not to come Charlie. You're rusty." Dean commented, as they both moved in on her. 

"Yeah, I guess we're about to find out just how rusty." Charlotte spoke, grimacing as she watched the two giants corner her. Dean made a lunge for her waist and she quickly leapt over the couch causing him to stumble into Sam.

Addison had taken a seat on the stair case, a perfect view of the fight.

"Scared Charlie?" Sam taunted. 

"Scared of you two dumbasses? Nah. I thought you two were better than this."

Sam threw a punch and Charlotte barely dodged it, however his next hit her right in the sternum, knocking the air from her lungs. She stumbled back gripping her stomach as she gasped for air. A growl escaped her lips. 

Sam threw another punch, this time she caught it. Throwing her knee up she hit him in the groin. He keeled over and she launched her elbow down into his neck. He fell to the floor, hitting his head on the coffee table. She couldn't even catch her breath before Dean had thrown her to the floor, the blade sliding away.

She groaned at the impact. He straddled her and threw a punch. Her head jerked to the side and she caught view of the knife beside the china cabinet. She bucked her hips and rolled, causing Dean to flip over her and onto his back. She leapt to her feet, making a run for the blade. 

Sam grabbed her ankle from his half unconscious state and sent her flying to the floor, inches from the blade. Dean jumped up and kneeled on top of her again, this time his hands finding her neck. Her eyes widened and she could hear Addison's laugh from the stairs.

Charlotte clawed at his hands, strange noises escaping her throat as she tried to breath. Her face was turning red and Dean's hold didn't falter. Her eyes caught sight of something beside her. 

The blade.

She reached one hand out, blindly trying to grab the bronze dagger. Her other continued to pull at Dean's iron grip. Her vision began to blur, tears coming to her eyes. And then, she felt it. In one quick movement she had gripped the blade in her hand.

"Sor-ry D-ean." She gasped out. She plunged the knife into the back of his shoulder and he yelled out in pain.

Addison gasped. "No."

As Dean's grip faltered she quickly threw her hips up again and rolled over him. Pulling the knife from his back in the process. Sam had almost recovered and was struggling to stand while Dean slowly rose from the ground gripping his arm in pain.

Charlotte looked up to see Addison, eyes wide and fear written on her face. She bolted up the stairs, but wasn't fast enough. Charlotte caught her jacket and pulled her back before plunging the knife into her chest.