Chapter 16

Dean was the first to notice. Looking up to make a sarcastic comment about how long she took, his words got caught in his throat. His jaw dropped slightly. The once long haired brunette, was now a short haired blonde. 

"Wow." Dean breathed out. This caught Sam's attention. Looking up, his face mimicked Dean's almost perfectly. 

"What do you think?" She asked with a shy smile. Both boys grinned.

"It looks great Charlie." Sam smiled reassuringly. He wasn't lying either, she looked just as beautiful as before if not more.

"Great? I think it looks hot." Dean smirked. Charlotte turned and gave him a glare.

"How'd you know I like blondes?" He stood up and walked over, curling a piece of her hair around his finger. She laughed.

"Too bad this blonde ain't interested."

Sam snorted from the table and Dean pouted. It was closing in on six in the morning. The three adults sleeping schedules were completely off. Sam and Charlotte catching as much as they could while in the car and Dean taking naps at the motels they stopped at.

Cassie however followed her schedule perfectly. Asleep by nine and up by seven. She took a nap right after lunch and was up and going the rest of the day. Luckily, she didn't mind the road trip. She loved the impala and couldn't get enough of the junk food they ate each day.

"So, do we actually have a destination in mind?" She asked joining Sam at the table.

"We had a couple ideas but, we want to make sure you and Cassie are safe first." Dean answered leaning against the small kitchen counter next to the other two.

"Such as?"

"We could hole up at Bobby Singer's? No one would find you there and you and Cassie could be comfortable." Dean suggested.

"What about you boys? How would you hunt?" She asked.

"We aren't worried about that right now. There are plenty of hunters out there." Sam smiled.

"What? No, you guys can't stop because of us." She exclaimed, keeping her voice quiet.

"Charlie, we can cross that bridge when we get to it. As of now, we ain't got a hunt even if we wanted it." Dean declared ending her worry. She nodded before resting her chin on her palm.

"So, Bobby's it is?"

"We can leave in a couple hours." Sam said standing from the table. "I'm gonna go jump in the shower and then try and catch a nap."

Sam shut the door to the bathroom leaving the new blonde, Dean, and a sleeping Cassie.

"You think Cassie will like it?" Dean pondered, gesturing to her blonde locks.

"Hope so." Charlotte laughed. "Five year olds don't hold back so, I guess we'll find out."

Dean smiled. "I'm gonna go pick up some breakfast for everyone."

"Wait, shouldn't you get some rest." Charlotte voiced he concern.

"I passed out while you were in the bathroom." he put on his jacket before opening the door. "Charlie?"

She turned towards him. "You look beautiful."

She felt the heat creep up her cheeks. "Thanks."

He shut the door, and moments later she heard the impala crank to life. She caught view of her reflection in the TV across from her. She reached up and ran a finger through her wavy locks. She smiled.

I don't look half bad.