Chapter 19

"I'm just gonna check in on him- hey! Give it back!" Charlotte was practically in the front seat as she fought Sam for her cellphone. Her legs flailed as she desperately reached for the small flip phone. Sam pursed his lip as his large hands shoved her small ones away. 

"Charlie! Let. Go!" he cried out as he gave a final tug, freeing the phone from her grasp. her upper body was in the front while her lower was in the back seats. She leaned her hands on the smooth leather of the front seat and blew away the strands of blonde hair falling in her face. 

"You've checked in five times already. Bobby's got this, he practically raised Dean and I." Sam spoke as he locked her phone away in the glove compartment. She sighed sitting back in her seat and crossing her arms. She let out a snort.

"Oh yeah! That is real comforting."

"Hey." Dean pouted while Sam just grinned in amusement. She stuck her tongue out at him in the rear view mirror. 

"Oh yeah, real mature. So motherly of you." Dean joked. Her lips turned upwards into a smirk as she leaned forward once again in between the two boys. Her chin rested on her crossed arms as she watched the road slip beneath the impala's hood.

"What if he forgets to-"

"He won't!" They exclaimed in unison. Charlotte pouted.

"I have never left her alone for more than a day, let alone left her to go on a hunt. This is freakin' huge. I'm loosing my mind a little."

"A little?" Dean questioned. 

"You have to relax. She is fine. Bobby will take great care of her and we can give them a call once we get to the motel." Sam smiled spinning around to face her. Charlotte released a slow breath attempting to relax herself.

Sam was right. Cassie would be fine and she had to stop fretting. She had to focus on the hunt, her mind couldn't be wandering. She was going to make this work if it was the last thing she did. She wouldn't screw up Cassie's life anymore than she already had.

"Speaking of, how close are we?" She asked the green eyed driver. Dean lifted his right hand, pointing to a large sign reading, 'Welcome to Lyons, Colorado'. 

"Do we want to stop for food before the motel?" He asked. 

"Hell yeah, I'm starving." Charlie grinned excitedly. 

Sam laughed. "Sure, why not?"

Soon after the impala was pulling into a small parking lot and the trio was exiting the car. Charlotte squeaked in surprise at the cold breeze that hit her bare shoulders and quickly reached back in to grab her jacket. The brothers both smiled at the blonde. 

They walked towards the BBQ restaurant, the two brothers flanking Charlotte. After being seated in a booth, Charlotte shed of her jacket once again leaving her in a black tank top. The restaurant was much warmer than outside. That, along with being trapped in a booth with Dean, his body heat his already warmed her up. 

"So, whats the plan?" She asked picking up a menu. 

"We can check into the motel after this and get some sleep. Tomorrow morning we should head to the morgue and check out the bodies. After that, we speak to the victims wife." Sam answered. 

"You nervous?" Dean smirked. She snorted once again. Dean smiled to himself, he had noticed her doing that quite often.

"Not in the slightest. Kinda excited actually." She grinned.

"Atta' girl." Dean smiled throwing his arm around the seat behind her. Dean threw his  other arm up, waving down a waiter. The dinner consisted of talking Charlotte down from calling Bobby, Dean spilling his beer all over Sam, and the brother's arguing over how much money to leave for a tip. The young mother's stomach was sore from laughter. Charlotte enjoyed every second of it.