chapter 1

Y/n = your name             F/c = favourite color

S/c = sword choice        S/f/c = second favorite colour

Y/s= your sword               M/n = moms name

D/n = dads name           H/c = hair color

f/f = favourite food             N/n =Nickname

y/s = your ship

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/n was staring up at her bedroom ceiling. She had woke up before her alarm went off. She always hated days like these when she woke up too early. Her alarm started to go off. She hit the turn off button and rolled out of bed and got ready for the day. After she got dressed she went downstairs to the kitchen to start breakfast for her brother and sister.

She decided to make pancakes, eggs, toast, and bacon. They needed to eat and then hurry up to do their chores around the village. Y/n went and knocked on her brother's door. Her brother was 15 his name was Darien. There was a groan from inside. When she heard that she went over and knocked on her sister's door. Her sister was 13 her name was Samantha and they had to make sure that she was up and dressed on time.

Y/n walked into her sisters' room and woke her up. When she sat up and rubbed her eyes Y/n handed her an outfit for the day. When she was sure that her sister wasn't going to fall asleep again y/n left to go back downstairs they have been training how to fight so that they could defend themselves if bandits came around.

--------------------------------------------------Y/n P.o.v--------------------------------------------------

I waited for Darien and Samantha to come downstairs and eat breakfast. "Hurry up before it gets cold!" I hear feet running up stares headed towards the kitchen. "Well, it's about time you got here. Now quick eat up. We have to finish our chores early if we want to train." we all sat down to eat our food. Darien was the first one done and out the door. I and Samantha did the dishes and then left to go do our chores.

"So Samantha what are your chores today?" she looked at me. "Well, I have to go and help clean out the barn and groom the horses." I was sad. "Lucky I have to do laundry and pull the weeds from the village garden." she smiled. "Oh well lucky me I guess." we both laughed and went to do our jobs.

Everyone in the village had a chore to do. Whether it was as simple as sweeping to as complex as going and digging in the mines or repairing damaged buildings. We all had chores to do. The only time we are excused from our chores is when we are sick or have just lost a loved one. The guards seem to have the easiest jobs. They just walk around to look for anything out of the ordinary.

-----------------------Time skip brought to you by the voice inside your head----------------------

"Finally. I'm done." I finally finished my chores. Now to go and meet up with my brother and sister to train. We have been told that there were some wars going on in the villages around us and that it would be best if we could learn to defend ourselves. The lord was having the guards train some villagers to defend themselves.

We had been volunteered to be trained because people thought we were weak and would be in the most danger. They thought that just because we didn't have parents to take care of us that we were just weak children. They don't know what we go thru so they have no right to judge us. I was walking down the path. I could see Samantha outside the barn.

"Hey, Samantha are you done with your chores yet?" She was happy to see me. "Ya just finished them how about you?" I nodded my head. "Ya was on my way to the training area. Ready for more work?" she rolled her eye's. "Aren't we about done training I thought we knew enough to keep ourselves safe and protected."

I laughed at her annoyance. "Well they think we don't so we just have to keep practising and then we will be allowed to do what we want." we all had to choose our weapon class beforehand. My brother went for the sword, my sister went for the bow and I chose to do both. I wanted to learn both so I could help where I was needed.

"Ok everyone grabs your weapons and let's begin." One of the guards yelled. I grabbed my bow and took aim. I hit the centre of the target. It was easy for me but I still wasn't the best. I had to shoot a moving target. I would always hit to the left or to the right.

They always said I learned faster than my siblings and that I could become a guard if I would go to guard training in another village. I declined because I had to take care of my family first. I was teaching Samantha how to cook. I would eventually go to guard training but not within the next 12 months.

I would go after my brother and sister learned how to care for each other and get along. But I would have to wait till then. They have a problem working out their differences. Because our mom was a meifwa and dad was human. And since he was bit he has been having some trouble getting along with her.

I kept up the practice. I finally was able to hit the target in the centre while it was moving. "Great job Y/n. keep up this and you will be a great guard in no-time." the captain guard said. I was just happy that I finally hit the stupid thing. "Ok, now that you have mastered the bow you need to move on to your next option. Let's go and get you a sword."

I was excited because we would be allowed to keep our swords. There was a room full of different swords and they all had a spell on them so that only the owner could use the sword. (pictures above) I looked around for one that was my style. I went for s/c because it looked cool and was the best style for me. When I walked out of the room the guard walked me over to the practice dummy.

-------------------------------------------------time skip---------------------------------------------------

"Now imagine the sword is just an extension of your arm and hit the dummy." The guard was trying to teach me but he wasn't the best at explaining. I was making the right moves but I would miss sometimes. But I would learn from those mistakes. "Ok training is over!" The training would always end at sunset.

We were walking home when one of the guards stopped me and said that the Lord would like to see me. I frowned and sent my brother and sister on their way home. "Ok why does he want to see me all of a sudden?" I was curious because the lord was secretive. "I don't know I was just sent to collect you." He was going to be hard to get an answer from.

We ended up just walking in silence. We reached the Lord's house and the guard stopped me. "Ok wait out here and I will tell him that you are waiting." I was really curious now. "Ok." wonder why the Lord wanted to see me? The door opened and the guard walked out. "Ok, you can go in now." I walked inside to see the Lord sitting on the couch.

"Come and sit down with me." I politely sat down on the couch. "You wanted to talk to me?" He looked at me. "Yes, I need to talk to you about the future." I looked at him shocked. "Why would we need to talk about the future?" "Because I have been having problems with the neighbouring villages. I want you to be safe along with everyone in the village. But I need someone who can talk to people and get them to listen. "

I looked at him. "But why am I the person you chose to do this?" "Because I always have trusted you to do the right thing." I was shocked that he thought this. But he is correct I do try to always make the right choices. "Ok, what do you want me to do?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will love to hear your opinions on this story. I need some ideas on where to take this. please give me some ideas.