In the Bed of My Chevy

Robs POV

So this night is going perfect. Casey gets to stay at my house, even though she doesn't know it yet. Everything I need is in the back of the truck. Now we're driving through the mud down to the river, that Casey doesn't know is behind my house. Casey wanted to run through the mud, I told her we would another day, but right now is really important. She just gave me the ok whatever look, cause she has no clue where we're going. "Babe, where are we going?" She asked. "That's for me to know and for you to find out babygirl," I said with a sweet wink. "Ugh, this is taking forever," she wined. "Maybe this will help," I said stopping the truck, pulling her to me, and giving a slow passionate kiss. "Yes, that definitely helped baby," she said with a giggle. God that giggle again. It will be the death of me. I just hope she likes the surprise which I think she will.

Casey's POV

Ugh. Robert won't tell me where we're going. It's late. And I have school tomorrow. Mom is going to be pissed that I'm going to get home so late. This better be as important as Rob says it is. I mean I love spending time with him, and I love him to the moon and back, I just hate waiting. I'm a very impatient person. He did stop the truck and give me a passionate and slow kiss to tie me over until we get there. His words not mine. So I'm just sitting in the middle of his truck, with my hand on his knee, his hand wrapped around my back, and one his fingers looped through my belt loop. At least I'm not home doing nothing.

Robs POV

So were bout 2 minutes away from the special spot. I can't wait. It's so hard to just not tell her. I have a feeling that once I show her, she'll be down here a lot. I tell her to trust me, and she says she does. I put a blindfold over her face, to build the suspense and make the surprise better. I command her to sit exactly where she is, and if she even thinks about taking that blindfold off, I told her I will punish her, if you know what I mean. She agrees with a giggle. Ugh that giggle. It kills me from the inside out.

So she's sitting in the truck while I'm getting everything ready. It takes about 7 minutes total. I tell Casey to put on her hoodie, which I have to turn the right way for her, because she is still blindfolded. I help her out the truck, make her walk about 15 feet, hug her from behind and tell her to take her blindfold off.

Casey's POV

So he made me sit in the truck for what felt like forever. Now I'm standing God knows where or what in. Robert is hugging me from behind, and now he tells me to take the blindfold off.

I take the blindfold off, and I see the most amazing thing ever.

A river bank

And just above the bank is a blanket, surrounded by candles, a couple of flowers in a mason jar, strings of lights with mason jars over them, a picnic basket, and a radio.

My breath hitched and I'm in shock. "Rob how did..." he cut me off, "Casey I wanted to show this place, you can't tell that it is back here from the house, and I know how much you love the river, so I came up with this little plan to show you where I relax and go swimming from time to time. And I know it's late, so I called your mom while you were out in the arena, and her and Eric both agreed to let you stay here tonight, as long as you're not late to school. So this is just a little dinner on your new favorite spot , I assume," he finishes with a smirk.

I don't say anything. I just wrap my hands around his wait and hug him tight. I can tell he's a little surprised by this, because it takes him a little bit to react. I just say a simple "thank you baby, this is truly amazing," I say with a happy sigh. "You're so welcome Casey, I know I've only known for five days, but I love you so much. And I hope to continue loving you for a long time. Even if I can't always have you, my love for you will never end. Now let's eat and maybe go for a midnight swim. Ok?" he said. "Sounds great baby," he gave me a quick kiss and walked me to the blanket.