Christmas Eve (Part 2)

Recap

We pull into the driveway at The Sloan's residence and the snow is coming down pretty hard now. I park behind Karen and Eric and walk around to open the door for Casey. She jumps down and we start to grab everyone's gifts. But before I can start to walk towards the house. Casey grabs me by my jacket and pushes me against the truck and attacks me with her mouth. I'm stunned. I love when she just attacks me. But it's cold and we need to get inside. She bites my lip. And I moan in the back of my throat. We pull apart, breathing heavily. "What was that for baby?" I ask while giving her a hug. "Nothing, I've just always wanted to make out with someone while standing against their truck, and this was the perfect moment to do it," she says while looking at the snow under our feet. I hook my finger underneath her chin to make her look at me. "You should be kissed everyday, every hour, and every second of everyday," I say while leaning into her again. Our lips touch. And sparks fly like it was our first kiss. But someone has to ruin it. We hear an exaggerated cough. And pull apart. It's Ray. Damn it.

Casey's POV

We pull apart and Grampy is standing at the door, with a stern look on his face. "Oh hey Grampy, how long have you been standing there?" I ask while picking up the gifts and grabbing robs free hand "Oh, long enough to know that those leggings are to right for your south ware," he says while busting out laughing.

Rob looks at me with a confuse face. "What's a ware?" He asks. Me and Grampy just look at each other and die laughing. I start crying because I'm laughing so hard. We contain ourselves and Rob is still confused.

"Oh wares are like your boobs and your butt, about 2 years ago, Grampy gave me and Hanna a lecture about our homecoming dresses, saying that our wares were hanging out, and we had to look like you just did, and he explained what wares were, and sinse then it's been this inside joke, just between Grampy, Kid, and I," I say while high fiving Grampy.

"Oh ok, I understand now," he says while laughing.

"Well that's good, come on in guys it's cold out here," Grampy says while ushering us into the house.

We walk in... Christmas dinner here we come..

Present

Robs POV

We get in the house and it's not like the first time I came here where everyone just stopped and stared. No. Now people are just giving me hugs and asking how I've been and if I've still got Casey up on a pedestal. And yes I do. And I always will.

Casey's POV

I wish there was a camera that could capture this whole room and scene right now. This moment really is perfect. I mean Robert Downey Jr is standing in my grandparents kitchen. And he's engaging in conversations with my family members, and they consider him family to. This will seriously be a Christmas I never forget.
Oh yay, FOOD!!! And Grampy leads us in prayer.

Robs POV
FINALLY FOOD!!! Oh shush, Ray is praying. I search the room and Casey is leaning against the wall with her head bowed and her eyes closed. Perfect opportunity to do something romantically cute.

I walk around behind her and hug her from behind, with my hands on her waist. She instinctively interlocks our fingers. I lay my head on her shoulder and close my eyes. And Ray prays on..

After what felt like forever (nothing against praying, my family doesn't before every meal) Rays prayer finally ends. But I don't let go of Casey and neither does she. I keep my eyes closed, and I can tell her eyes are still closed to. Everything goes quiet around us, it's just us, and all I hear is here steady breathing. People may be staring at us, but I don't care. This is our moment. In our little world. And I love it. And then we just come back to the present. It's like we were in a dream and something woke us up.