Chapter 30 (Bast)

Bast moved to the side as the rock slide past her. Bast took in a deep breath and looked forward. Forming another spear she threw it forward. Her hair got caught in the tree, she gasped as she jerked back. Bast tried pulling her hair but the braid refused to let go of the tree.

She groaned as she continued to pull at the braid. Finally she got it free, she turned around and body slammed into someone. She looked up, ready to punch them, but stopped when Jian smiled. Bast face turn red as Jian hugged her. He held her tight, as if to be sure that she's real.

Bast old crush surfaced up. She remembered all the times they hung out at the old neighborhood. She remembered growing up with him, knowing how he felt and all the times he got her out of trouble. But now it feels like she never knew him. She never knew that his dad is Ace, she never knew that he had powers, she never knew that Jian is a villain kid. Just like her.

"What's wrong?" Jian asked.

"Nothing." She lied.

"Stop lying."

"How could you not tell me that Ace was your father? I think we're best friends and I thought you trusted me."

"Bast . . . I couldn't tell you that Ace is my dad because I was worried. I didn't want you to met my dad when he's muttering nonsense. I couldn't let that happened."

"I wouldn't have mind."

"I know you wouldn't have." He said as he cupped her face. "Plus I always imagined you meeting my dad when I finally got the nerve to ask you out."

Bast face burned under his hands. Jian gulped as he stared into her green eyes. The world stopped for them. They forget about the war going around them, they only knew what's going between them. The teens moved closer, as if the energy pulled them closer. Their lips touched, sparks flew. Bast spear changed from spear to shield every five seconds. When they pulled apart, they both smiled at each other.

"I've wanting to do that since I moved here." Jian whispered.

Bast giggled, "I think we should go back to fighting."

A villain flew between them. Jian and Bast looked over and saw Bj floating there. Bj crossed his arms over his chest as he raised his eyebrow at them. Bast gave Bj a small smile but her cheeks red as a cherry. Jian nodded towards him, still red and holding Bast hand. Bj rolled his eyes and snapped his fingers, the incoming bullets stopped then he twirled his finger, he faced them down to the villains, still glaring at Jian, then snapped his fingers. Bullets rain down on the villains as Bast rolled her eyes.

"Are you done acting like an overprotective brother?" She asked.

"Dunno, are you done sucking off his face?" Bj asked.

"It was a kiss!" Bast and Jian yelled together.

Bj laughed as he flew away, Bast blushed and brushed her hair out of her face. She turned to look at Jian arms nodded. The two parted ways, both fighting off villains. Bast found herself slicing, dodging, and blocking attacks. She found herself doing these things with ease.

Maybe it is because she is the daughter of Butch and Buttercup. She blinked a couple of times as she stopped. Did she call herself daughter of Buttercup? She understood the Butch part but Buttercup. Did she really consider Buttercup her mother. Sure she gave birth to her but has she ever seen Buttercup as mother.

"Bast!" Jian yelled.

Bast made herself stop thinking about her life crisis. She turned around to see what Jian is telling about but she came face to face with a large red claw. Bast gasped and felt her waist tighten, She looked down and a claw squeezed her waist. Bast let out a yelp.