Friday Night Insights

Disclaimer: I do not own anything related to The Vampire Diaries, TV show or books. However I decided to have a little play around with the characters (I would definitely like to play with Damon).

Dear Diary

Last night Stefan and Bonnie came to mine for dinner so Stefan could win her over (which he totally did :) ) and it was a great night until Caroline turned up uninvited with Stefan's brother Damon. He told me a little bit about him, Stefan and Katherine, but that's not what was strange. He seemed to...understand me. He was the only one who realized I was unhappy with cheer leading But that wasn't what was really weird. The strangest part was when I fell asleep.

E

The previous night's dream...

After the dinner party, Bonnie, Caroline and Damon left, leaving just Elena alone with Stefan. They headed up to Elena's room, and sat on her bed to do some history homework and talk about the earlier events of the evening.

"Tonight wasn't so bad. I had fun." Elena smiled shyly at Stefan.

"Hmm. That makes one of us." Stefan frowned.

"Come on." Elena sighed. "Your brother isn't as bad as you make him out to be..." she said, however Stefan stopped her from talking as he gently put his finger to Elena's lips before he touched her cheek and began to kiss her.

Stefan pushed Elena's text book on to the floor to get it out of the way so he could get closer to Elena's body as he deepened the kiss. Feeling confident, Elena pushed him on the bed and straddled his hips as Stefan threw her teddy bear off the bed, whilst they continued to kiss. Deciding to take their make-out session one step further, Elena sat up and removed her top so she was just wearing her white bra, as Stefan sensually slid his hands up her body. Stefan began to remove his shirt and lifted it over his head, however when his face emerged from underneath, it was no longer Stefan who was looking up at her, but a grinning Damon. Elena jumped away and began to scream, backing herself into the dresser.

In a flash, Damon finished removing the his shirt and was on his feet in front of Elena at superhuman speed, backing her up even further into the dresser. Damon put his finger to Elena's lips, mimicking Stefan's earlier action to quieten her.

"Shh." he said softly and reassuringly, as Elena's breathing suddenly began to return to normal in a way she couldn't explain.

"Why are you here?" Elena whispered. "Why am I dreaming about you?"

"Maybe it's your subconscious telling you what you really want." Damon replied. "Or maybe it's curious?" he added as Elena frowned.

"Why would I want you?" she asked. "I'm with Stefan."

"Remember the back to school party when Bonnie predicted your future?" Damon asked as Elena nodded. "What did she say?"

"She said she saw a man, a crow and fog." Elena looked at Damon with interest. "Why?"

"When was the last time you saw a crow?" Damon replied as Elena's frowned.

"At the boarding house." she said quietly.

"That was my crow." Damon told her. "Bonnie was talking about me."

"How do you know all of this?" Elena asked.

"It's only a dream Elena." Damon smiled. "Why do you think Bonnie saw me in your future and not Stefan?" he asked, tucking a stray hair behind Elena's ear, sending shivers down her spine.