Hot Blooded Brother

Disclaimer: I do not own anything related to The Vampire Diaries, TV show or books. However I decided to have a little play around with the characters (I would definitely like to play with Damon).

Warning smut and bad language ahead, to be fair, if you are reading this, you should be expecting it.

Dear Diary,

I dreamed about him again last night. At least I was at home and not with Stefan. If I wasn't wearing the vervain necklace, I'd be convinced he was compelling me to dream about him. This is the fourth time it's happened. The others I could put down to us sharing a moment. This one was spurned by something else, we were arguing, which seems to have triggered a reaction from me. It's not like we haven't argued before, although I admit I felt kinda sorry for him. And admittedly I was too taken with Stefan's problems at the time to realize the significance of what Damon had told me.

Maybe that's why I'm having these dreams, I'm so consumed by everything else going on, I'm not paying enough attention to what I'm being told. Maybe my subconscious is trying to make me listen to what people are telling me and this is one way of grabbing my attention. Well it worked, last night's dream was about the argument we had and well... These dreams just keep getting hotter.

E

The previous night's dream...

Damon poured whiskey into a glass. "From the moment Stefan had his first taste of human blood, he was a different person." he said. "I suppose I should thank him. It's been a hell of a ride. Heh." he shrugged as he downed the contents of the glass.

"Oh, my God. He said he wanted to die." Elena said, her voice shook at Damon's story. "That's why he won't feed. Now I understand why, but..." she started.

"His choice. If he's stupid enough to make it, so be it." Damon shrugged.

"Don't do that. Okay? Don't pretend like you don't care." Elena snapped back as she began to leave to see Stefan.

"Where are you going?" Damon called out. "Elena...wait." he vamp-sped over to Elena and grabbed her by the arm.

"I need to talk to Stefan." she said, frowning at him holding her arm.

Damon shook his head and put his finger to his lips to signal for her to be quiet. "Come with me." he mouthed silently as he turned to walk away. Elena deliberated for a moment before following him as he led her to an upstairs room she'd never seen before, which she assumed to be Damon's bedroom.

Elena turned around to take in her surroundings, the walls were a dark wood paneling, similar to the rest of the house, a large open fireplace and full length windows dominated the room. The furniture was minimal, consisting of a nightstand, a dresser, a leather chair, a mirror, a large painting and a large flat screen TV on the wall. There was a beautiful, large en-suite bathroom, which was open plan, containing a huge shower and large tub. The center of the bedroom was dominated by the large wooden four poster bed covered in cream cotton sheets, which surprised her as she'd expected black or red silk from Damon, not that she'd ever really put a great deal of thought into the matter. The room was a unique blend of old and new, light and dark, masculine yet beautiful, very stylish and very Damon.

"I'm guessing this is not what you expected?" he asked as she continued to look around the beautiful room.

"Not really no." she replied. "I don't know what I expected. I've never really given it much thought." Elena admitted before deciding to change the subject. "So why have you brought me here?" she asked folding her arms.