The Kindling

Disclaimer: I do not own anything related to The Vampire Diaries, TV show or books. However I decided to have a little play around with the characters (I would definitely like to play with Damon).

Dear Diary,

It's been two months since I last had a dream about Damon. I thought they'd gone because Damon and I are getting closer. Maybe it's when I feel like there's been an emotional development between us. I dunno, because since my last entry there's other stuff that could have triggered a dream but nothing happened until last night.

I guess I better quickly go through what's happened since my last entry.

Stefan killed Andie, which was why Damon was pissed off on my birthday and he told me Stefan had gone full blown ripper (which I didn't know what that meant then, I do now). I managed get Ric to help me look for him, he told me Klaus and Stefan were tracking werewolves. We went out to the Smoky Mountains based on a tip from Tyler, but Ric told Damon who followed us. The wolves began to turn and I pulled us out to prevent Damon getting hurt. Good thing too, as it turned out Stefan saved him, so Damon agreed to get Stefan back.

What a waste of time that turned out to be!

Damon got a tip from someone (I'm guessing Katherine) to let him know Stefan was in Chicago. We found him and Stefan ended it with me. He told me he wanted to be left alone and almost repeated what Damon told me on my birthday.

Damon and I returned to Mystic Falls and he tried to help me feel better about Stefan with disastrous consequences. It turned out everyone thought something was going on between me and Damon. I know he's waiting for me to be ready, and I let him, because I know one day I probably will be ready for him. I just need a little time. But people thought we were already together and tried to involve themselves. The biggest culprit was Ric, who ended up with a snapped neck. Damon did check the ring first. I guess he knew he'd do less long term damage if he snapped Ric's instead of punching him. Ric and Damon are no longer friends (that'll not last long) and eventually Damon bailed and left Mystic Falls.

This brings me onto yesterday's events.

Senior year starts tomorrow at school and traditionally the seniors have a prank night where we set traps for the teachers. Yesterday we were at school setting up the pranks and Stefan and Klaus turned up with Klaus's sister, Rebecca. They thought I was dead and Klaus hadn't been able to make hybrids which went against what he knew when he performed the ritual when he killed Jenna. Klaus eventually found out it was my blood which was needed to turn werewolves into hybrids.

During his mission to find out what was needed, he compelled Stefan to first of all chase me and kill me, which Stefan fought. Klaus then compelled him to switch off his humanity. It was awful, one minute he was Stefan, then next he was a monster. I've never been so frightened. It was literally like someone flicking a light switch, every emotion disappeared. Then he bit me, until Klaus stopped him, which I guess was a test of loyalty.

Then Klaus decided to drain me of my blood, so he took me to the hospital to keep me on an IV to drain me slowly and to make sure I didn't run out of blood. Damon finally arrived and rescued me and took me back to the boarding house. We were having a nice moment where he was trying to make me feel better when Stefan turned up and ruined everything by announcing Klaus had appointed him to be my new bodyguard.

That brings us up to date with what's been happening on the Stefan/Damon front, now onto my dream.

I guess I was so relieved and overwhelmed to see Damon, it may have triggered an emotional need for him. I guess my dream could be induced by that need. There's no point in denying I have feelings for him, everyone except Damon knows that. And I think he suspects it, he just wouldn't act on it after what happened last time. If anything did happen between us, I'd have to initiate it. My dream reflected my need for Damon, it just manifests itself in a sexual form. I'm going to watch out for this in future. Are these dreams related to an emotional dependency on Damon? Or is it a physical dependency?

Elena's Fantasy DiariesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara