Passion and Adventure Without the Danger

Disclaimer: I do not own anything related to The Vampire Diaries, TV show or books. However I decided to have a little play around with the characters (I would definitely like to play with Damon).

Dear Diary

This is my final entry.

Once upon a time, for around a year I fantasized about Damon Salvatore. Dreams haunting me about him even when I was with his brother Stefan. I no longer have fantasies about Damon, I don't need to. Every night he fulfills what ever fantasies I'd ever want to act out with him. He is my partner, my lover, my best friend, my soulmate. And as of this afternoon, he will be my husband, and hopefully one day he will be the father of our children.

When I look back on this diary and read my entries from when I was only 17 years old, I see a naive teenager. A girl who started out needing someone to help her get over the grief of losing her parents. She found Stefan. And to be completely honest, he was perfect for her at that point in her life. He was her first love and they loved each other deeply. However, the problem that they had (although Stefan wasn't aware of it at the time), was his brother, Damon.

However, when it came to Damon, at first the 17 year old found him attractive, but he was so obviously good looking, she put her thoughts to one side. Then one day, he was looking all dashing in a suit as he came to her rescue. From that moment on, regardless of her emotional feelings for him, she knew he was the sexiest man she'd ever met, and probably ever would meet. He did some bad things and made her hate him. He redeemed himself, and she gradually began to fall for him, even though she was dating his brother. When she was torn apart from her first love, she became closer to Damon. Her feelings growing ever stronger. What she didn't grasp was that by her 18th birthday, she was imagining her and Damon's wedding day. She had never even considered a future with Stefan, yet even back then, she saw one with Damon.

I think deep down she always knew she'd be with Damon. After all Bonnie once told her she saw 'A crow. There was fog, a man.' she then said 'It was just the beginning.'

Bonnie was right, it was the beginning. It was the beginning of meeting and falling in love with, before marrying the man of my dreams.

E

To My Darling Husband Damon

Wow, that sounds crazy calling you my husband, but by the time you read this, we'll be married.

Just before I took the cure, I asked whether we would have been together if I hadn't have become a vampire. You told me you didn't think so. Although I can't say with 100% certainty, I actually think you were wrong. This journal not only contains the slightly sordid details of my once innocent mind (now sexually corrupted by you, although I'm not complaining). It also tracks my growing feelings for you over time until we became a couple, and me fantasizing again after you came back from the prison world.

I was going to show it to you when we first became a couple. I took this journal to the boarding house when I moved in after Jeremy became a hunter, meaning it never got caught up in the fire at my old house (which by the way, thank you for rebuilding as a wedding gift xxx), so fortunately it still exists. However, when the time came, we found out I was sired to you, and then I forgot about the journal. Although with hindsight, I suspect the contents of this journal may have gone some way to explaining the reason why I was sired to you.

There was no way I could go back and tell you how and when I fell in love with you. It was a long and complex road. There were setbacks along the way. But most of all, my denial was the biggest problem. In this journal, I was slightly more honest with myself, although the denial still existed. However, some of the dreams are more of an indication of my true feelings. The conversations we had in them must have been truer to my heart than I believed at the time.