1.

Arsenio Torres was angry, he had intended for a productive day but this goal of his got quashed the moment Dae Jung Park met with an accident. He had hoped for a lucrative deal, a very small sum for a very profitable private island. Most people understood such issues, politely rescheduled the meeting but Arsenio wasn't that man. He played with the paper weight in his hand and blew a breath out of his mouth. He was tempted to throw the rock across his desk and on the wall but refrained from doing so.

A knock on his door brought him back from his frustrating train of thought and he turned to the door. Schooling the features on his face he muttered a faint yet clear 'come in'. His secretary entered the room, Sawyer, a scrawny man with a pinched face but definitely one of his best finds, an extremely intelligent man with an understated physique and an eagle's eye.

"I heard about what happened with Mr Park," Sawyer said. His voice sounded clipped and clear as usual.

"If it weren't for civic etiquettes I would have made him sign the island to me right on the operation table. It is difficult to be polite. I reckon you must have sent a bouquet of flowers in my name," Arsenio drawled, now playing with the paper weight.

"I think you must definitely pay him a visit," Sawyer suggested.

"Is that so?"

"Absolutely Sir, your competitor Mr Roman Black is already using those very civic etiquettes that you loathe to buy the island from Mr Park and if I were to believe the rumour that is floating, Roman is ready to pay thirty per cent more than what you are offering," Sawyer said.

Arsenio gritted his teeth and nodded, Sawyer closed the door on his way out. Playing with the paper weight Arsenio began humming a tune, the paper weight was an extremely beautiful crustal, pink and rough at the same time, but he didn't care because in the very next moment he threw the worthless rock at the dark grey wall in front of him. Seething heavily he stared at the wall, not one mark left, not one crack marring the pristine wall, the colour of which closely matched his dark mood.

He picked his coat and walked out of the office.

"Get the car ready, we are paying Dae Jung a visit,"

He strode through the hospital corridors, following a nurse who led him to Dae Jung's room. The entire car ride was tense; he wouldn't like it if the island got out of his hands. There was just so much hope lying on this visit, he could already imagine his luxury resorts on the plush tropical island.

He entered the hospital room and saw Dae Jung flipping through a fashion magazine. Arsenio could combust at the sight in front of him, here he was aging with every thought about his precious island but the owner himself looked so calm and composed.

Of course he would be calm and composed; the loser is getting offers from other people now. Arsenio was sure Dae Jung would rub this in his face like butter to the bread. He forced his ugly anger down and kept an impassive face.

"How are you doing Dae Jung?" Arsenio asked.

Dae Jung, the Korean real estate magnet looked up and gave him a nice warm smile but Arsenio could see the malice that hid in his eyes, he wanted more, the idiot wanted more than what was being offered to him.

"Thank you for visiting me Mr Torres, I was not expecting you," Dae Jung said feigning surprise.

"Well, this is not just business is it? We are friends too Dae Jung and please call me Arsenio," Arsenio said smoothly. This island better be his, he was not the one to ever offer smiles and polite conversations. But he knew Dae Jung Park was big on these things and so he had to let go of his anger and be a smart politician for once.