25.

unedited.

Plum woke up and rubbed her eyes, the morning light was filtering through the curtain but she knew a blizzard was on the way, the sky was dim and hail and snow splattered against the window ferociously. She got of the bed and wrapped the knit blanket around her body, she whimpered when she realised her Arsenio San was not present with her. She was not feeling comfortable in this, she felt a warm breath at her feet and she looked down to find Hamburger and Velvet by her feet. She had made them wear matching warm dog jackets for the winters, the jacket were a bright orange.

"You guys," she squealed and picked the two up. They started to lick her face and she giggled. "I think we should go downstairs, but first I will take a bath," she said and placed them in the basket. Her mind went to Arsenio but she decided to take a bath first. She walked into the bathroom and quickly walked into the shower letting the warm water wash her naked body; she squirted some of the blueberry scented body wash on her body and started to lather herself up. Washing the suds off she walked out of the shower and started to dry herself.

She wore a dark green lace lingerie set and applied the body butter all over her body; she had very dry skin and always opted for body butters instead of simple moisturisers. She wore a simple cotton printed dress that fell to her thigh and a gentle cardigan over it but she knew she would have to change if she were to go outside.

She wore her cherry red ballerinas and took the basket with Hamburger and Velvet in them. The puppies couldn't yet climb down the stairs and had to be carried. She walked down in the living area and found the entire family sitting by the fireplace. Arsenio looked stoic per usual and same was Roman, Hector was on his iPad while Damon looked lost. Just then Camilla walked out of the kitchen with the housekeeper in tow. The housekeeper rolled out a trolley that had freshly baked muffins, doughnuts, sandwiches, croissants and warm pot of hot cocoa.

"The breakfast is here and don't worry I didn't cook this time," Camilla giggled. Plum seriously didn't know how to feel about the lady. She walked to Arsenio who simply pulled her beside him and wrapped an arm around her shoulders protectively. She frowned but didn't protest.

When the trolley was rolled over to them then Arsenio passed her a hot steaming mug of hot cocoa and placed a few items of the breakfast in one plate. She snuggled close to him and he placed a kiss on her forehead. When everyone was seated Camilla too sat down and looked at her puppies.

"They are so adorable aren't they Roman?" she said to Roman Sr.

"They indeed are Camilla, what are their names Plum?"

Plum was about to say when Arsenio beat her to it.

"Archer and Blake," Arsenio said. She whipped her head to him with her jaw dropped. She looked at Hector who too had the similar expression on her face.

"They are not Archer and Blake," Hector said. Arsenio glared at him but Hector simply looked confused.

"We will have our breakfast and leave soon, the weather may get bad by tomorrow and I don't want to be stuck here for another day," Arsenio said.

Camilla was about to interrupt but Roman Sr. beat her to it, "well I can't keep you here indefinitely but I am serious about keeping the family together Arsenio, we will be at your house in a few days, I would like you to have a dinner for the entire family."

"I am not keeping any dinner whatsoever, keep your family bullshit to yourself," Arsenio snapped and snatched the hot cocoa mug from her; "we are leaving."

She bit her lip and looked at the furious Arsenio San. He walked upstairs leaving her down.

"I s-sorry for h-his b-bad behaviour," she mumbled. Within five minutes he was down with their bags in hand. Hector too had taken Plum's hand and took her out of the house. She bit her lip when the chilling cold hit her with full force. Her teeth started to chatter and she found herself in Arsenio's embrace. He quickly placed her inside the car and shut the door after him.