2.

Arsenio stood on the yacht, nursing a glass of whiskey in his hand. He looked at the glimmering dockyard and frowned, the girl was late by several minutes and he could feel his anger simmering. He was known for this, an explosive temper and he hoped to god that the girl would not get on his bad side. He had already started to draw a contract, he wanted to be with her for not more than three months, and it was sufficient time for the island to be in his name.

There was a part of him that didn't like what he was doing; he had not come from money. He was born dirt poor to a mother addicted to drugs, the woman could do anything for even the smallest amount of it, probably even sell him and his brother.

He gulped back the bitter memories along with his whiskey.

He sensed some movement and he turned around to find his bodyguard Brian come atop the yacht, there was definitely someone behind him but he couldn't make out whom.

"She is here," Brian said and moved away, walking away from them.

It was like someone had knocked the air out of his lungs. The girl in front of him was an angel incarnation. He struggled to speak. She had her beautiful eyes lowered but he could see those beautiful and long lashes fanning over her full cheeks, she even had a little button nose and full lips that resembled rosebuds. He swallowed hard seeing her petite figure.

This was going to be difficult; he wanted her to be unappealing only she was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen. He cleared his throat and she shyly looked up at him, her beautiful almond shaped eyes.

They walked to the dining area overlooking the beautiful sea. She was still adamant on keeping her face lowered.

"I hope you know why you are here?" he said. He didn't know how to start a conversation, she was disarming, and she was just so enchanting and beautiful. Would he move past her face tonight?

He observed her nodding hesitantly.

"I am very much interested in accepting your Uncle's condition. I intend on marrying you, Plum," he said. Her breathing hitched and pearl like tear rolled down her cheek which she wiped away hastily. She nodded and refused to raise her head.

He took her dainty hand and he noticed her long fingers, they were an artist's fingers, he pulled out the velvet box out and pulled out the ring. He put the ring on her finger and she immediately took her hand away and hid it under the table. He gritted his teeth and kept his anger under control. He poured the wine for them and passed the glass to her; she took it and kept staring at her lap.

"You don't have to keep staring at your lap," he drawled, "Your fiancé is a much pleasant sight."

She raised her head and hesitantly stared at him. He took the liberty to memorise her face. Even though there wasn't talking he was definitely enjoying her company. She looked fresh faced with bare minimum make-up and it was refreshing for once. Her short bob with bangs cupped her face nicely. She looked like little pixie.

"Please have the wine," he said but she didn't pick her glass.

He saw her eyeing the glass but she shook her head.

"You don't want the wine?" he whispered, it came out way harsher than he intended to. It was a beautiful wine, perfect for an evening like so. When she didn't pick the wine, he simply lost it. He had been initiating conversation but she was quiet.

"Plum, I expect you to participate in the conversation, is there nothing you would like to know about me?" he said.

She didn't answer.