24.

Unedited.

Arsenio entered the room and closed the door behind him, he saw his mischievous girl sitting on the bed with a shy and innocent smile on her face. She looked so happy with what she did and so was he but he couldn't show her that. He had to be strict with her or she would make a habit out of this behaviour and he didn't want that.

"Plummy," he whispered her name softly and she giggled sweetly.

"Arsenio San," she repeated in the same tone after him.

"What you did downstairs was very wrong," he reprimanded her and noticed her smile falter and disappear. She looked down at her feet and bit her lip. He felt guilty now, yes Roman was an asshole but that didn't warrant a crass behaviour from his sweet Plummy.

"I wanted revenge," she whispered, "he hit you so bad, he is a bad man."

His eyes softened and he sat beside her.  She was such a sweetheart, his beautiful girl.

"He is just angry..."

"No, he is rude and bad and an asshole," she snapped rudely.

"That's enough Plum," he roared. He let her see the anger in his eyes and she immediately sat back and lowered her head in obedience. "You like to be yelled at?" he said to her and she shook her head.

"From now onwards I want you to not interrupt or think of any such devious things, my mother and Roman and anything related to them can be expertly handled by me, have that faith in me," he said to her and she nodded. He caressed her cheek and she looked up at him with her big teary eyes. She threw her arms around him and sobbed on his shoulder.

"Hey," he soothed her.

"I don't like seeing you s-sad and h-hurt," she hiccupped and his heart ached.

"I am not sad," he consoled her, "just very angry and indignant."

She looked up at him and he wiped her tears away, he loved her so much.

"Why do you think she is back?"

"I don't know squirrel, I have no idea whatsoever," he whispered.  But he knew he had to find out, everything seemed too convenient to be true. She was back in their lives and that too in a manner that was highly suspicious. She was now the wife of a man who was his rival and ex college mate's father. He caressed Plum's head and played with her hair; soon she was softly snoring in his hold and laid her down on the bed.

He changed her clothes and helped her in his shirt. He laid the comforter on top of her and placed a kiss on her forehead. He walked out of the room and found Roman standing in the living area. Roman turned towards him and a small smile came on his face.

"Sorry brother, didn't mean to hit you so hard," Roman said, "I had to make sure it looked authentic."

Arsenio frowned, why this douchebag was acting so nice all of a sudden. It seemed as if Roman was reading all of his thoughts because he gave him a small smile.

"I apologise, my intention was to not to hurt you at all but I had to,"

"I don't understand," he said.

"Your mother has trapped my father and she has some serious ulterior motives and none of them includes a nice happy life with my father," he said, "I have something to show you."

Roman walked towards his room and Arsenio followed him. Roman pulled the mattress of his bed and took the few files that lay on the bed. He placed the mattress back and passed the files to Arsenio.

"When I heard that my father was marrying her, I didn't understand because..."

"It felt too convenient," Arsenio finished for him.

"Exactly and that's the reason why I decided to investigate and what I found was simply mind boggling, take a look,"

Arsenio opened the file and he found some birth records. He read the papers and found them belonging to a man named Matteo Gonzalez, he was born in 1955 in Brazil and migrated to the States in 1960. Arsenio pulled out a photograph, it was of a man who was in his graduation robes and stood in front of University of California, Berkeley. It seemed this was where he graduated from.

"What is this exactly?" Arsenio asked.

"That is the file on your father," Roman said. Arsenio's eyes widened and he stared at Roman.

"Don't joke with me on this Roman," Arsenio whispered. As far as he knew, his father, Mark Torres was a bartender who died two years after they were born.

"Look at him closely Arsenio," Roman whispered and Arsenio brought his photo close to him. Now that he observed his face, Matteo and he had an uncanny resemblance. Arsenio placed the photo back in the file and flipped through newspaper articles.

"What does this have to do with my mother?" Arsenio asked. He was not feeling good about all this information, he sat down and stared at the file.

"Your father, Matteo Gonzalez is no small man Arsenio, he is the leader of one of the biggest mafia groups in the world and your mother just happens to be his second-in-command, they are after something that you have, something that will give them an advantage," Roman explained.

"What is it that they want?"

"I don't know but I just want you to be careful and keep that file carefully, I had to pay a lot of FBI agents for that information,"

"Where does your father come in all of this?"

"My dad incidentally was a friend of your father, there is a batch photograph as well in the file and you shall see it there. He was in love with your mother for a very long time, in fact this is not the first time that your mother has used my father, fake passports, fake social security cards... false identifications, dad has done it all because he is an important associate of your dad. This time she wants something big and let me just tell you... there is a lot left for unfolding, a lot of mess that shall erupt," Roman whispered.

Roman walked out of the room and Arsenio stared at the file, one particular news article stood out to him

Illegal drug factory found on an abandoned island of Indonesia....

Arsenio's eyes widened when he read the rest of the report, some long unanswered questions now had the possibility of an answer and he knew he was in a mess deeper than what he had thought of it to be and maybe his little Plum was at the centre of it too.

***

Oh my god guys! The story is getting so twisted!

1.       How do you think is Plum involved in all of this?

2.       How is the story going?

3.       Have you read my new book MISTRESS NIEVE? If not then please do! It is something super new that I am trying! Please comment on it and let me know all the shortcomings! I am super confused about how its going....