23.

Unedited.

"My minx, we'll let your boys freshen up and then they'll join us for dinner," Roman Sr. said and pulled her to him. She softly smiled and nodded.

"Show them the room," Roman Sr. instructed Damon.

Damon gulped and was about to say something when the glare from his father had him nod begrudgingly. He started walking upstairs and they started to follow him, Plum was feeling a certain type of way and she didn't like it at all. She didn't like Roman as well, he had very clearly over-stepped a line, she would definitely have her revenge on him.

She squeezed her Arsenio San's hand; the mother he didn't like was back in their lives, poor Arsenio San and Hector! They didn't deserve this, now was the time to be Arsenio San's wife, he was trapped in an emotional turmoil and needed all of her help and support, she had to be the pillar he could lean on, the shoulder he could cry on and the pillow he could comfortable rest on. She had to be comforting and strong. She wouldn't let a wretched woman destroy his perfect life. Plum was resolute about this; no one would trouble her Arsenio San.

They entered a guest room and Damon left them there. Arsenio San sat on the bed and covered his face with his hands and sighed. He looked so tired, like he had aged a few years in the last couple of minutes. She walked to him and removed his hands; he looked at her and gently wrapped her arms around her waist and pulled her between his legs and rested his head on her bosom.

She cupped his cheek and he looked up, she placed a small kiss on his lips.

"You don't worry my Arsenio San, Plum will take care of everything," she said, her eyes and voice reflecting the seriousness she felt about the situation. He smiled softly at her.

"My squirrel, when did you become such a warrior?" he asked softly.

"When Roman punched your face, I didn't like what he did, he shouldn't have done that," she pouted. She wanted to tell him about his revenge but she kept that part to herself.

"I don't know what she is doing here, after so many years I didn't expect her to meet, I didn't want her to meet ever!" he said, "what she did with her lives, destroyed our childhood, Hector's youth... I can't forgive her for that, I hate that bitch."

"Maybe... you need a c-closure, you never had a closure... you never accepted that part of your life..."

"No Plummy, you don't get to say that, there is no fucking closure, she is back in my life and you see, you mark my words, she has a grand scheme in her head. Something that'll fuck us all up," he whispered harshly.

"I understand my San, but... is she that powerful? I didn't know you would feel so... defeated, your mother is a low-life, she has used cheating to get ahead in life, such people... they don't deserve your anguish, she is just Roman Sr.'s wife, she has no association with you," Plum tried to make him understand.

"You are right... I will not let her destroy my happiness, I will not let her hold that power over me," he said and nodded to himself.

"Now, let's get ready, we have to down for dinner..."

Arsenio nodded.

***

Arsenio placed a nice warm dinner roll on her plate and served her some vegetable pot pie.

Arsenio's mom giggled.

"I am sure she can take it herself, son," she whispered.

"Camilla is right Arsenio," Roman Sr. mused.