16.

Unedited.

"Where are you off to?" he asked. He was holding his tie in hand and stared at Plum as she did her make up.

Plum ignored him and picked up a nude lip colour and applied it. She felt his eyes on her but she perused through her collection of blushes and picked a peachy one and fluffed some on her cheeks and closed her drawer of cosmetics. She walked to her wardrobe and picked out a chunky sweater and a pair of mom jeans, wearing the outfit she picked out some sneakers and wore them.

She turned and found him standing right behind her, she blushed realising that he had seen her change. He extended her hand that held his tie.

"Tie it for me," he grunted.

She bristled and simply walked away.

"I am getting late for the office Plum, Hector has already left. Do my tie and finish getting ready so that we can leave," he snapped.

"We?" she whispered.

"Yes, I want you with me in the office. Unlike you, I truly miss my spouse," he said.

She gasped at his taunt and blinked away her tears.

"Well... I am not coming... with you," she whispered.

He narrowed his eyes and stared at her.

"Then what are you getting ready for?" he snapped. His expressions became interrogative and he folded his arms across his chest.

"I am going to friend," she mumbled and looked at her hands.

"What friend is this? Why am I hearing about her only now? Is she the one who took you to the club?"

Plum simply took her book bag and started to fill it with her essentials. She didn't think it was necessary to fill him on everything. He was getting nosey and he had not even apologised for what he did to her yesterday. He had questioned her integrity and that was something she couldn't just brush off.

"I am asking you something Plum," he seethed and grabbed her arm and turned her to him.

"Not y-your b-business," she stuttered.

"What?" he roared, "What the hell has happened to you?"

"I am sad and mad," she sniffed, "at you."

She saw his widen in shock before they got angry again.

"Why do I have to apologise?" he roared, "it is you who has been behaving with such insolence."

"F**k off," she mumbled and quickly ran out of the room.

Her Uber had already arrived and was waiting outside for her, she heard him coming after her but the elevator just closed in time. She sighed with relief. He was acting like everything was normal; did he not see her sad face or pouty lips? She was upset!

The elevator opened and she ran out of the house. She climbed the Uber as it hurtled away to Jessica's house.

***

"I really feel that we should combine the elements of the flowers that you have drawn on this dress and put it on the shirt as well, we can have a complete collection in one print," Jessica said, "What do you feel?"

What kind of shirt? I am thinking of a large baggy one, the nineties are very much in fashion!

"I was thinking of the baggy one as well, we can put your floral prints on them and make it in a silk material. I have recently procured this very expensive fabric when I was in Florence. I will get the roll," Jessica said and walked to a shelf of different fabrics and picked one roll out. She brought it to Plum and opened it in front of her.