4.

Unedited.

He woke up and rubbed his eyes, the first rays of the morning were seeping inside the room and he sighed. He stared at the balcony door, it was open and his squirrel was sitting on a chair quietly. He walked into the balcony and cleared his throat to not startle her. Plum turned to him and he instantly was enamoured by the enchantress. A woollen blanket covered her body and her hair was wet.

"You took a bath?" he asked.

She nodded. He pursed his lips. It was almost December and she out, there was even a forecast for snow. The weather was brisk and definitely not the time to sit outside with wet hair. He walked up to her and wrapped her properly with the blanket and picked her up in his arms. He wanted to lash out at her; did she have no regard for her health and well-being? Her last night's whisper flashed in her mind, she had called him Daddy. Did she see him like that? Like a dominant figure? She knew it was not because she was missing her father, but she had called him Daddy.

"You want this? For me to dominate you like a Daddy?" he asked and placed her on the bed. She immediately jumped inside the comforter and peered at him shyly.

He took a note pad and passed it to her.

"You whispered 'Daddy' last night, what was that all about?"

Her lip trembled and she took the notepad, she scribbled something and placed it back and then flopped back inside the comforter and peeked a little. Arsenio took the notepad and stared at her beautiful script.

I was missing my father.

That dampened his mood a bit; he wanted to be her Daddy but the fact that she used it for her father now killed any fantasy he had.

"Get out of the comforter, we will have our breakfast, I have to talk to you about something," he said sharply and like an obedient girl she got of the bed. He took her hand and walked downstairs to the kitchen, Karen was already placing the breakfast for them.

"Good morning," she said, "sir would you like to have coffee?"

"Yes, thank you Karen,"

Karen then looked at Plum and hesitated, she turned to Arsenio.

"Do you want coffee, Plum?" Arsenio asked.

Plum shook her head and looked down at her feet, obviously shy of the attention she was getting.

"Tea?" he asked.

She shook her head again.

"Orange juice Mrs Torres?"

And she nodded; his beautiful Plum wanted some orange juice.

"Coming right up," Karen announced.

They sat on the dining table and he immediately helped her with whatever she wanted.

"Mr Torres, what you would like to wear today, I was thinking of the black..."

"Thank you Karen, but my wife will help me with that, thank you," Arsenio said.

Karen smiled and left the kitchen. Arsenio intertwined his fingers with Plum's and drew small circles on them, he stared at her ring finger and his eyes narrowed.

"Where is the ring?" he snapped.

She jumped in her chair and snatched her hand away. She stared at her finger and got up from her chair.

"Where is the ring, Plum?" he whispered harshly. He wanted it to be on her all times, it was not just any damn jewellery, and it was their wedding ring. He wore his she was supposed to wear hers. She shook her head and looked thoughtful for a moment before shaking her head again.