Chapter 3

#3

Niall and I began walking back to my house. "So... Why are you guys here exactly? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you are here... But aren't you supposed to be in California or something?" I asked already feeling tons better with Niall around. "The boys thought we shouldn't just quit of course. But we asked and as long as we make it to the few concerts we have now... Then we can stay with you for as long as you-" "Niall!" I cut him off laughing. His cheeks slightly turned reddish as he looked to the ground embarrassed he was talking so much. "Sorry." He mumbled.

I smiled pulling his face so he'd look at me. "Niall Horan, are you blushing?!" I squealed. "N-no!" He stuttered biting his lip but something caught my attention behind him. "JACKSON, DENNIS!" I yelled waving and they curved to a stop, flipping their skateboards up and carrying them over to us. "Hey, Lauren!" Jackson greeted smiling. "Hey beautiful." Dennis said kissing my cheek and I giggled. "Oh stop!" I gushed. Katie and I could be twins! Niall frowned at Dennis looking a bit uncomfortable.

OH YEAH! "Niall... this is Jackson, Katie's boyfriend. And this is Dennis-" "Your boyfriend." He stated before I could get the words out. Dennis smiled shaking Niall's hand. "I know you..." Dennis trailed off unsure. Niall smiled and nodded. "I'm from One Direction-" "WELL! We've gotta go. See ya babe." Dennis interrupted kissing me on the lips just a bit too strongly for my liking. They skated off down the road. I turned to Niall. "Sorry about that..." I said laughing and bit my lip.

"That's fine. So... What do you like to do?" He asked curious. I smiled. "I skate. You know... Like on ice." I laughed. He looked impressed. "Really? How about you prove that you actually can?" He asked grinning. I smirked nodding. "Sure thing, Cutie!" I chuckled grabbing his hand and pulling him to my car.

I drove us to the arena and we went inside using my key. I sighed going to a back room and pulling on my outfit. I walked out to Niall and sat beside him, handing him my skates. "Why do I need these?" He asked laughing.

"Help?" I asked swinging my legs over and onto his lap. But instead of putting on my skates, he looked over at me with an unreadable expression. "Please Niall, I suck." I laughed breaking the silence. He sighed slipping them on my feet and tightened the straps and laces tightly. "You sure this is okay in your condition?" He asked unsure. I grinned standing up and standing right in front of him so he had to look straight up at me. I smiled grabbing his hands and pulled him to his feet. I slowly skated pulling him along with me. "What are you doing?" He asked laughing when I started forcing him on the ice.

"You said it's dangerous, so come and make sure I'm fine." I said smirking and let go of his hands and spun in a quick circle. He looked at me nervous. "I could slip and fall." He stated. "And I'll be here to see it." I said winking and doing my regular routine. He looked very shocked. "Didn't you know I figure skate in nationals?" I asked. He nodded. "I did know but I've never actually seen it in person." He said smiling lightly. I skated over to him and grabbed his hands lightly. "Skate with me, there's an extra pair in the back room fit for men." I suggested.

He scoffed. "And have you watch me fall on my butt? I don't think so!"

I rolled my eyes skating to the exit, I got the skates and shoved Niall's back so he fell on the ice. "What was that for?!" He shouted trying to stand up but he couldn't because it's slippery. I laughed purposely falling right next to him. I grabbed his foot and took off his shoes and he looked terrified. "I can't skate, Lauren!" He said panicky. I rolled my eyes grinning at him. "You won't have to, I'll hold your shaking hands and pull you myself!" I shrugged. He sighed. "Now I feel useless." He said and I stuck my tongue out at him lacing him up. "Skating is for girls!" He said shaking his head at me.

"Okay, as soon as you act like a man and stop whining like a girl... I'll remove your skates." I promised. "Im gonna remove something!" He threatened and I laughed standing up. I offered my hand and he looked hesitant. "Please Niall... For me? I have only months... Can you do just 1 thing for me?" I said giving him that puppy look I know how to master. He sighed grabbing my hand and I helped him up to his feet. "Awesome!" I said grabbing both his hands and started skating backwards. "Oh my gosh! Stop!" He panicked. I shook my head moving faster. "It's like hockey." I said and shrugged. "Hockey is for guys, skating is for chicks."

I sighed pulling him with me and he started enjoying it. "This is actually kinda fun." He said and I grinned when suddenly I heard Torn - One Direction version. I looked to my right and saw Calais, Kayleigh and Venne skate past us to the center but Kayleigh stopped and smiled to us both. "Hey, Lauren!" She greeted smiling. "Is this your boyfriend?" She asked and Niall's eyes widened as I shook my head smiling politely. "Do you recognize him?" I asked. She laughed nodding. "Who wouldn't! Hi Niall, I'm Kayleigh. And are you guys dating?" She asked biting her lip.

"Well..." "No, I'm not dating him!" We said at the same time and I looked to Niall raising my eyebrows. Kayleigh chuckled. "Well, nice meeting you. But um I was going to ask you, Lauren... If you were going to Calais's party tonight?" She asked. I looked over at Calais biting my lip as she was eyeing Niall with a grin on her face. Niall followed where my attention was and Calais smirked at me and waved to Niall giving him a wink and skated off. "She hates me, Kayleigh." I said looking to Niall to see his reaction to her. He looked disgusted. Good. She doesn't deserve a guy like him.

"We're not found of each other either, heck she's dating my ex!" Kayleigh said sighing. "But everyone is invited, and it wouldn't be fun without you and Katie! You won't have to share a glance at Calais." Kayleigh said smiling. I thought about it then nodded. "Okay! But be careful, if there is any alcohol with Katie and sexyback is playing... Beware!" I said and we both immediately remembered that memory when Katie accidentally got drunk cause she thought it was punch.

Took 2 months to get her to stop screaming, 'GO HEAD BE GONE WITH IT!' Shaking her hips in the morning. "Well, I don't know what will happen but I hope to see you girls there!" she said smiling. "Maybe! But I might bring a few friends." I said winking. She grinned waved and skating off with a goodbye. Somehow I know... She's going places.