Chapter 18

#22

"Please don't go on stage, Lauren." Zayn begged. I shook my head stubbornly. Zayn was my good friend and cared that I was sick but I wasn't going to let him stop me. "I am going on, Zayn." I said determined taking another gulp of my bottled water. "You heard what the doctor said on the phone. The pill you took won't last long if you get your heart racing too fast and wear yourself out. You can't go on stage, you could get hurt and faint or something! The doctor says NO." Zayn tried to argue. I shook my head looking behind Zayn and to the crowds that showed up for this event. Zayn was totally wrong. It was far more than 1 million. The crowd wasn't just a crowd! It was miles long and I saw news reporters trying to talk to their cameras over all the fans singing Torn and Viva La Vida and other songs the boys have sang. Paparazzi were everywhere. Some managers and sound effects people were staring at the crowds nervously. I listened closely to Lavern as she talked into her phone to someone. "It's insane. What if you girls jump on the stage?! And now we had to set up some technical stuff to alter Louis and Niall's voices." I gritted my teeth at that. "No, they can't chorus and they don't sound as great as the others." pause. "The fans will not notice at all if I lower their mic's even lower tonight." She said walking panicky the other way towards backstage. I sighed. "We'll show them." I mumbled. "No... One Direction will show them. You need to rest backstage!" Zayn said sighing. "No, we all are going to show them. Don't argue with me, Zayn."