Chapter 1 ~ A Day As the Best Friend of Izuku

~~ (f/f) = Favorite Flavor ; (f/s) = Favorite Scent ~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I smiled as I my eyes lingered around the room.

The walls, being vertically striped two different shades of blue, matched the old-fashioned stools neatly lined along the creamy marble counter, separating the customers from the servers. Fake vines and vivid plants posed gracefully along the front of the store, enticing potential customers through the oversized windows.

The menu on our large chalkboard was in orderly, fancy lettering, all handwritten with care. The wooden chairs were spread around the open shop, each one belonging to a marble table. White candles were placed on every tabletop, sending an all-too-familiar scent of (f/s) to circulate the room.

A tiny bell sounded as I opened our shop door, waving goodbye to my family for the day as I left for school. My mother was busy scooping ice cream for another customer, but my father and sister were able to manage a short "Goodbye".

My mother worked as a superhero. Her quirk was that she could heal or damage with her icy breath or frosty touch. If she wanted to heal something, she'd simply freeze the patient and wait until they melt. It had to melt under natural sunlight, though. If she wanted to attack someone, she'd just break the ice before it melted away.

My father, on the other hand, ran our family ice cream shop. He still had a pretty powerful quirk though, which was passed down to me. He had the ability of size manipulation: he could shrink or grow any part of himself or the objects around him as much as he'd like. Even so, the objects he manipulated keep the same density, meaning if he shrank, he'll have the same power in his punch than if he's normal sized or huge. The same goes for the objects he affected; he could make a paper-clip grow as large as he wants, but it will still only weigh around one gram.

I got a slightly evolved version of his quirk: I could shrink and grow the same way he could, but I could also move the mass inside my body around to an extent due to my somewhat flexible and squishable innards. But I had only developed that a few years prior so I hadn't really trained myslef beyond having slightly heavier limbs. 

My sister hasn't shown signs of having a quirk, but unlike most quirkless people, she was never too beaten down about it. I always just assumed she was strong-willed.

Savoring my irresistible (f/f) ice cream that I grabbed for breakfast, I walked down the crowded sidewalks.

'Usually, this part of the city doesn't get that much attention,' I thought, 'I wonder what the fuss is about.'

Hearing an alarming pound down the road, I looked up to see Mt. Lady's towering body... modeling? I navigated my way through the gawking crowd, wondering what was going on.

"What's that fanboy? You takin' notes over there? Wanna be a hero too, huh?" said an older looking man, joy painted all over his face.

"Yes! More than anything," a familiar, animated voice agreed. The boy's green eyes glistened with determination, confirming his honest faith in himself. It seemed like every time I saw that smile, it made me smile.

"Izuku!" I called out, jumping up and down, unable to contain my excitement to see him again.

I was with him most hours of the day, but all that weekend he'd been busy with who-knows-what. I jogged over to him as he looked over to face me.

"Hey, (Y/n)!" Izuku warmly welcomed me, grinning. I slowed to a walk as we simultaneously turned to the direction of Aldera Junior High.

"I'm super excited for school to be over; we get to choose a high school soon!" I chirped, a bounce in my step.