Chapter 2 ~ More Action Than Anticipated

~~ (h/l) = Hair length ~~

Running around, I saw Katsuki walking with his two friends in a dark alleyway. 'Maybe they've seen Izuku!' I thought, walking toward to them.

"It's his own fault for gettin' in my way," Katsuki said, kicking an old looking bottle, a scowl twisting his face. The bottle flew through the air, smacking a metal pole with enough force to crack it open, exposing the goopy looking slime inside.

"Hey, Katsuki!" I yelled to him, ignoring what he had said. I was so focused on Izuku's disappearance that I'd forgotten what Katsuki did to him. He and his classmates looked up, all having a slightly surprised look on their face.

"(Y/n), what're you doing here?" Katsuki inquired, confused. He took a half a step toward me, then glanced back at his friends, silently asking them if they knew anything. The three of them mirrored each others' expressions, soon enough all facing me.

"I'm looking for Izuku, I think he's in serious trouble! He might even be dead!" I announced, stepping forward and waving my hands around to emphasize my words. My face was sore from the stress and my skin was pale from imagining Izuku suffocating to death. My limbs, coated in small scratches and dirt, matched with my clothing, torn and muddy. Katsuki's friends looked guilty, avoiding eye contact with me. Katsuki, on the other hand, held his gaze, a fire igniting in his eyes.

One of Katsuki's friends puckered his lips, while the other weakly asked, "What happened?" Both of their eyebrows were furrowed with regret, paralleling the stress lines plastering their face.

'Why do they look so anxious, I thought they didn't care about Izuku too much. Did they see him and do something bad? Oh, wait, Izuku told me how they bullied him and told him to kill himself before, do they think he went through with it?' I thought, my mind running with possibilities. 'I won't torment them, I'll tell them the whole truth.' I decided. My face softened as I looked over their fidgeting hands and rapid eye movements. At least they had some sort of heart, even if it's fainter than it seems.

"We were walking home and a villain attacked him. I ran off to get help, but when I came back, Izuku was gone. Have you seen him, I've been looking for a while," I explained, only sticking to the important details. Katsuki's friends relaxed, both heaving a minor sigh. Katsuki, though, had stayed exactly the same throughout the entire conversation.

"No, we haven't seen him," Katsuki blurted, still as motionless as a statue. Regardless, his eyes stayed just as intense. As he was finishing, I saw a familiar-looking slime man rise from behind Katsuki.

I started dashing full blast toward him, not waiting a moment to hesitate. "You'll be a perfect size to be my new skin-suit, blondey," the grass colored slime stated, growing taller by the second.

Before Katsuki could react, the slime made a grab for him, although managing to capture another body in the process. My shove had knocked Katsuki onto the ground, clearing him from the grasp of the slime-villain. His eyes lit up with a mix of anger, fear, and something else that seemed to get him passionate, leading all his other emotions.

"(Y/N)!" Katsuki desperately shouted, muffled by the layers of slime separating us.

'Where is he?! He's not hurt, is he?! I couldn't bare Katsuki getting injured - or even killed - because I couldn't help him! I can't see anything like this! What if he got in trouble because I was reckless; where is he?!!' I worried, my mind spinning with intense anxiety. I fearfully squirmed through the thick sludge, struggling to move at all. I felt a sudden burst of heat radiating from my side, weakening the strength of the villain's hold. 'Katsuki?!'

I just barely touched my feet to the ground, pushing off to stretch the slime, almost forcing it to release its grip. I opened my teary eyes to see Katsuki's strong and healthy figure, staring up at me with big, hearty eyes, uncontrollably releasing streams of tears that dripped from his softening face. For a quiet moment, he looked so helpless, so defenseless, my heart distorted.