Chapter 3 ~ All Might the Trainer

Just for future reference, usually right after I publish a chapter, I'll come out with a more thoroughly edited version within the next hour or so. That said, sorry if the original publishing is a little crappier than intended. Thank you!

~~~~~~ Author's Note ~~~~~~

"O-Oh, hey, Izuku," I stuttered, turning my head to the side and rubbing the back of my neck. I glanced over with a smile to be welcomed by All Might and Izuku's pale, lifeless bodies looking straight through me.

Standing up and reaching out to me, Izuku stammered in a frail voice, "A-Ah, (Y/n)! How long have you been there?" He was sweating like crazy, his animated figure fidgeting anxiously. His drooping eyebrows conflicted with his half-hearted smile, expressing his extreme unease. His small freckles seemed to dance on his red cheeks, adding even more liveliness to his appearance. All Might, on the other hand, looked hollow, all color had already left his body. He was stiff, completely frozen by the shock of what had just happened.

I took a shaky breath, trying to calm myself down enough to come up with an escape plan. I could hear my pounding heart begin to slow its pace, allowing me to think of a response.

"Oh, ah, not long..." I admitted, staring apprehensively at my feet. I clutched my rectangular bag to my chest, almost like a shield. I felt a mixture of high tension and energy. I bit my bottom lip in an effort to comfort myself, while also keeping from speaking accidentally. Izuku gulped, looking up at me with clenched fists and worried eyes.

"(Y/n), can I talk with you for a minute?" Izuku invited, prompting me to raise my head.

"No," All Might objected, stepping forward. 'I guess he's still alive, that's good,' I thought, taking a silent sigh of relief. "She already heard us. Trying to hide it would just make it worse," he continued, suddenly calm and collected. His voice was shameful, but his eyes were like steel, determined and confident.

"H-Huh?" Izuku blurted, looking at All Might with a worried expression. "But, is it really okay?" he cautioned, much more relaxed than before. He almost looked happy, like he'd been waiting for this.

"Young lady, if I allow you to hear the rest of our conversation, will you swear to never tell another soul?" the number one hero offered, my heart skipping a beat at the thought of learning the secrets to his mysterious powers. His confident tone, however, somewhat eased my strained muscles. The tension in the air lightened as his vulnerable eyes disarmed me.

'Even though he sounds sure, it's obvious he's scared. I mean, who wouldn't be, in his position?' I thought, making up my mind. My gaze wandered over to Izuku and his overflowing excitement. His hands clutched the straps of his backpack, strangling them. I could hear their cries for help. Moving my view to his glowing face, I saw a wide, closed-mouth smile spread cheek-to-cheek. His big eyes were almost screaming out to me 'Say yes!'. I looked back over to All Might's hunched, scrawny form, wondering what would happen to him if the public found out.

Closing my eyes and taking in one last breath before speaking, I answered confidently, "Yes." I immediately heard the relieved sighs of the two boys, but with different emotions behind each.

"Now then," All Might finally started. I ran over to sit next to Izuku and was greeted with his broad grin. "Listen well," he resumed, raising his right hand to point to the sky. "Young man, do you want to accept my awesome power or not?!" the disguised hero asked, showered the ground below him with spurts of his blood. Izuku stared up at him with unsure eyes, confused by what All Might meant.