Chapter 4 ~ Trust in Me

"Here's your table," guided our waitress, gesturing to the six open seats beside her. Her eyes were a vibrant green, piercing and cold, and her hair was red and wavy, rounding around her head and barely reaching her chin, almost reminiscent of strawberry jam, but still complimented her neat bangs, reaching just below her eyebrows. She wore a knee-length charcoal dress with a maroon apron covering it. Her metallic golden name tag read in fancy lettering "Niko". She was also clutching a blackboard to her chest, never moving it at all.

She looked so professional and cute, I felt out of place with my small, black and white school uniform and a sloppy (h/c) ponytail. I felt a strange vibe from this place - despite its cheerful atmosphere - so I stayed close next to Izuku, as we walked inside the open room.

My parents had gotten a reservation for a moderately fancy restaurant in the middle of Musutafu. They picked this particular restaurant because they have a few special sections separate from the main rooms. Once we informed the staff of our situation, they even gave us a discount! I guess they're massive All Might fans.

"Thank you," my father smiled, sitting down on the chair next to my mother.

My father was wearing a white dress shirt with a pair of jeans. In contrast to him, my mother was wearing a tight, violet work dress with a thin, silver belt hugging her waist.

I thought back to my sister who claimed to have a "prior engagement with a demon butler and his master". I chuckled at her wild imagination.

All Might was just wearing a large yellow suit, striped with thin, black lines.'He really likes yellow, huh,' I observed, grinning. Taking a closer look at the room, it was quite luxurious.

The table was a rectangular shape with three chairs lining either side, the floor covered with a soft, waffle colored carpet.

My parents were on one side of the table and Izuku, All Might, and I were on the other. All Might and I sat on either side of Izuku, with my father sitting across from All Might and my mother sitting across from Izuku.

The waitress gave us five menus and walked to the corner of the room, supposedly waiting for us to order. She noticed my gaze and smiled at me, making me have a mini heart attack. I quickly looked away, pretending as if that never happened.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a shady man peek into our room from the crack in the door. Just as fast as I saw him, he disappeared, leaving me in a heightened state.

'Just look at the walls!! I never saw anyone at all, just my imagination! Just think about how in only a few hours, I'll be safe and sound in bed with my protection blanket and a pair of happy parents!' I reminded myself, shaking my head to abolish my suspicion.

'This is a nice room, huh? I should look around and make sure to seem very riveted by the gorgeous ceiling!'

All the furniture was made of a light, waxed-over wood with chocolate colored cloths adding some flavor here and there. The lighting and mood were well done: there were large windows across the long walls, and, since we came as soon as possible after school, sunlight poured in, casting blinding rays that bounded across the ruby walls. I was able to gaze out and admire the massive complex of roads and buildings. The city below looked like a model from the height we were at.

There was a large, flat screen TV on the inside wall, turned off. A somewhat sweet scent drifted around the peppy room; it was quite enticing, distracting me from my previous suspicious thoughts. On the table was a tiny bouquet of colorful red and green flowers. The room was chilly but only gave me a refreshing feeling.

'Everything about this place just feels so... bright,' I thought.

It was then that I noticed the tiny silver bell at the end of our table, farthest away from me.