Chapter 5 ~ The Entrance Exams

As I stepped outside my shop, I felt the cool air hug me with its sweet smell and warm rays. The city was a beehive of activity, busy people hustling all around me, all ready to start their day. I took a deep, full breath of energetic air, the wind pushing me towards the source of my eagerness.

It was 7:00 AM, but there were people as far as the eye could see.

I walked down the packed sidewalks, passing barking puppies, smiley old people, and lovely couples. Looking up, I could see big, colorful billboards that advertised products varying from insurance to tennis rackets. The window-covered, towering skyscrapers complimented the vast, open streets nicely.

Everything just seemed brighter and friendlier, and I definitely knew why.

Over the past ten months or so Izuku has been on a strict schedule, All Might carefully planning his every move. I, since I found out about All Might's secret, have been helping Izuku and staying with him whenever I could. I was kinda surprised by Izuku's determination; he followed everything to the dot! Katsuki even stopped bullying Izuku for the entire time!

However, now it's around April, and a super important event is today: the entrance exams!!

I was completely prepared to dominate, but first, I had to meet Izuku and All Might at the beach; it was our last day!

Because of the cold, I had a dark blue, long jacket on with a plaid, teal scarf and black leggings, of course under my black school uniform. My hair was half-up-half-down, tied in a dark blue bow.

Before I could see the beach in full view, I heard screaming in the distance. However, I instantly recognized what emotion was behind the cries: triumph.

'Is that Izuku?' I wondered, running to see the scene.

I suddenly hear the words "SUPER CRAP" come from a booming voice, and a smile snuck onto my face. I continued strolling closer until I could just barely see Izuku, wilting on top of a mountain of trash.

I watched from a distance as my best friend, exhausted, plummeted from the top of said mountain. My eyes started to well up, my heart dropping.

I began to frantically sprint, crying, "IZUKU!!"

I heard a loud 'Flop', and my stomach knotted.

'He's up too high, what if he gets hurt?!' I worried, scaring myself.

In my haste, I tripped and fell face-down, scrambling for what felt like forever to get up.

"Excellent work," I heard All Might praise, his words confusing me. Only seconds after he spoke, I arrived at the railing, looking down at Izuku - basically asleep - in All Might's arms.

"I finished everything," Izuku smiled in a weak voice. "All Might... I did it." Izuku was in sweatpants and shirtless. Sweat caked his body and he had dark bags under his eyes. I felt my mouth spread across my relieved face, forming a wide grin. I felt proud of Izuku.

"Do you think I'm ready, now?" Izuku continued, prompting a laugh from All Might's smiling mouth. He was in hero form, though, so he was smiling anyway.

"Yeah, you did good, kid," All Might responded, kneeling down to lay Izuku's body on the sand. "I gotta say, I'm impressed!" As his hero spoke, Izuku started stumbling up to his feet. "I knew you had it in you, but this is beyond!" he complimented, extending his arms to emphasize his point.

"Look at this," All Might said, shoving a picture he took of Izuku from ten months ago in the boy's face.

In the picture, Izuku had a weak, tired body that was lying on the ground, crying. I perked myself onto the railing above the two to watch, as I beamed.