Chapter 11 ~ Borrowed Quirk?

After having Su promise to keep me posted on the battles, I headed to the nurse's office to see how my best friend was holding up.

I usually had no problem facing Katsuki, even when he was angry, but, to be honest, I was a little nervous to talk to him. Whenever he got angry before, it was typically about something petty or flat out stupid. But this was different.

I figured giving him a little time to cool off would be in both of our best interests.

Shoto said that he wanted to watch the rest of the battles, so I'd been sitting in the nurse's office with my grandmother until Izuku woke up.

I intended to read in the meantime, but I got bored and ended up falling asleep.

I woke up to the rustling of papers on a desk, sleep pulling on my eyes as I slowly opened them.

I looked around the room, not awake enough to remember why I was here. I saw my grandmother, at her desk, writing on a document.

I hopped up, Izuku's fight coming back to me. I was too worried where Izuku went to see my grandmother's reaction.

"Calm down!" she ordered me, an angry expression painted on her face.

"Where did Izuku go-"

"He's perfectly fine; just left a few seconds ago," she said matter-of-factly. I stood there for a moment, my brain still only half-awake.

"Guess you were tired," she chuckled, waddling over to me with more of those candies she gave me a few hours ago. "You ought to listen to me when I tell you to wait before you go off fighting! You were still sick, and now you've gone and made it worse!"

I could see a small smile creep onto her face. "You kids nowadays just don't know when to stop. I swear, in my day, this kind of stuff never happened!" Her expression softened. "Well, all except for All Might. His spirit may as well be rubbin' off on you kids!"

Before I could respond, she pulled me up by my hands and pushed me to the door.

"Now," she said with a coy smile, "Go on after your boyfriend~" She winked.

My face flushed a deep red as I began, "Wait, what ar-"

She shoved me out the door and slammed it behind me, leaving me to wonder in the hallway.

"Hey, you woke up," a friendly voice chirped as he jogged over to me. "I thought about waking you, but your grandma said 'She'd best get all the rest she can'." The funny little voice he did to signify the nurse was talking just made me even more embarrassed, for whatever reason.

I leaped a few feet away, hiding my face with my hands. "Oh-ah-I-um...so..." I stammered, slowly walking away.

He stepped forward, a concerned look on his face. "Hey, are you okay?" he asked.

"FINE!" I burst down the halls, too scared to look back.

'I hope he doesn't think I'm weird after this,' I worried, closing my eyes and trying to forget what happened. 'Why the hell was I so flustered?!'

I was interrupted by something crashing into my body, sending us both to the ground.

"Owww," I whimpered, rubbing my head. I looked up and found Su on the ground next to me.

I jumped to my feet and said, "Oh my gosh, are you okay, I'm so sorry!" I extended a hand to help her up.

She opened her eyes and saw who hit her. "I'm fine," she said, sending me a small smile and taking my hand.