Chapter 14 ~ Don't Vote For Y/n

"Miss, miss," a lady asked, shoving her microphone in my face as I tried to squeeze by, "Excuse me, would you mind answering a few simple questions?"

I saw Izuku just a few steps away, cornered by all the reporters and I was using all I could to get over to him. He looked terrified like they were going to somehow figure out where his quirk came from.

I wanted him to get used to spending less time with me so that he would seek out other friends. All through elementary school and junior high, I was always his only close friend, but now that we moved to a brand new school with new people, I wanted him to make other friends that might be better influences than I could.

So, I started waking up much earlier and leaving as soon as I could. I would just bide my time helping out and doing homework wherever I could. Sometimes I would even go out for breakfast or play with my little sister in the park. It was hard to get used to, but I eventually found it really fun.

But that was the one day I missed my alarm clock and slept in. Thankfully, I had tons of alarms ready, so I didn't wake up too late. I even still got there before Izuku! I just got caught up with the reporters and spent a while answering questions.

I couldn't believe the sheer number of them; they could form a small army. I'd spent a good amount of time chewing through them, but their stream of questions seemed endless.

I could see Izuku considering running away or giving them a bunch of half-assed excuses.

'I probably shouldn't let them just grill him like that - especially since he's in such unusual circumstances. Maybe I could just try to sneak him out?'

It didn't help that there were tons of camera crews and journalists crushing me in the crowd. I was slowly making progress, though.

"I heard All Might pinned you against your classmates," one said, "Is this true?"

"When did All Might start teaching?" another asked.

"Is All Might a good teacher?"

"What has he been teaching you about?"

'All might, All Might, All Might. I'd say it'd be a fair guess to say they heard All Might's a teacher now. But who told them? I thought he wanted to stay out of the media here?' I sighed. 'It seems hard being a world-remound hero like All Might. I'll have to get used to being recognized, though, if I want to keep up with people like Izuku or Katsuki.'

"Izuku!" I yelled, almost able to reach him. He turned and gave me a small smile.

"(Y/n)," he chirped. He blinked suddenly and looked around, worried. "What's wrong?"

'I guess he's not too worried about spilling All Might's secret to these guys,' I thought, 'Maybe I overreacted a little.' A bulb seemed to light up in his head.

He grabbed onto my arm and began shoving out of the crowd. His movements were robotic and shaky.

'Or not.'

I'd forgotten how strong he was; he could get past all these people no problem if he wanted to.

Almost immediately after we walked through the school's gates, the security system got triggered and tons of thick metal plates cut through the air, separating the campus from the public. I heard some screams from the other side, but I was just glad we got past them in time.

Izuku was a little on-edge after all that, but he calmed down after talking for a minute. All those people were kinda annoying, but none of them really seemed harmful at all.