Chapter 6 ~ The First Day in 1-A

~~~~ One Week Later ~~~~

'Ring, ring, ring~~' I heard the front door's bell chirp, signaling a customer came in. My room was right above my family's shop, so I can hear every sound that's loud enough. I was playing games on my laptop, wrapped like a burrito in my blankets. We'd only had three or four customers all day, so I could almost hear my father's enthusiastic "Good afternoon!" before he said it.

I heard a familiar voice squeak something out - too rushed for me to understand - then race up the stairs like the flash. Within seconds, the sound of hyper knocking echoed throughout my room.

"C-Come in," I stammered, caught off guard by the boy's actions. It was around eight, the sun already went down.

The door flew open, revealing a boy about an inch taller than me. His face was covered with a tangled mop of emerald hair, matching his wide eyes, excited to no end. He was sweaty and breathing heavily; he probably sprinted all the way here.

He bent down and grabbed onto his knees, attempting to catch his breath.

Izuku had been avoiding me ever since the exam; the only time I ever got to talk to him was at school. Even so, he always seemed like he was in a daze of some sort and walked around like a zombie. The only explanation I could think of was that he was nervous about the whole U.A. thing, but I was never sure why. He told me that, based on his own estimates, he passed the written exam and got a decent amount of points in the mock battle.

Seeing him here, even if he was dead tired, made a sort of relief fill my heart. A small smile bubbled up as I stood.

"I got...," he panted, draped over my desk. "I...," He was practically falling over.

I ran to catch him, holding him up by his chest and dragging him over to my chair. He's always been pretty light, but, because of his recent training, I had more trouble propping him onto his seat than I'd like to admit.

"What's got you this excited?" I laughed as he adjusted his position on the chair. I sat down on the side of my bed, facing him.

He held up a small envelope with an official, red wax stamp sealing it. Decorating the stamp, there was a big A inside of a U. My heart skipped a beat as I connected the dots.

"U.A. got back to you?!" I burst, jumping to my feet. Izuku just nodded in confirmation.

"Have you opened it yet?" I asked, inspecting the thick paper used to make the envelope.

'Wow, it's the fancy kind of paper,' I admired, my smile growing even wider.

"No, I've been too nervous to," Izuku replied, blushing a bit as he lightly rubbed the glossy wax with his thumb. After a few seconds passed by, the nervous boy looked up at me with a smile that said, "Open it for me?"

He offered the envelope to me, holding it by the edge so I had room to grip it. I heaved a sigh as a familiar feeling lifted my worries, a mix of thrill and endearment washing over me.

I sat back down and clutched the smooth paper, noticing small disc sliding around inside. My eagerness grew as I slowly pried off the waxy stamp.

I emptied the contents onto my lap, a tiny, coin-shaped metal thing falling down onto the floor.

"BOO-YAH - I AM HERE AS A PROJECTION NOW!!"

Izuku and I simultaneously hopped up and yelped as All Might's very zoomed in face appeared as a hologram.

"All Might?! But isn't this from U.A.?!" Izuku burst, bug-eyed. I wasn't sure whether he was expecting the projection to hear him or not.

"I know it's been a while, but with great power comes a great amount of paperwork," All Might's hologram said, almost as if responding to Izuku.