Chapter 15 ~ Attack of the Toddlers

I was picking at my food as Shoto told me about one of his favorite video games - one that I'd never heard of and was pretty old - when the alarms sounded, people jumping to their feet all around us.

People began to evacuate to the halls, the teachers not seeming to help all that much. It made me wonder if it was just a drill or something. Even if it was, I would get in massive trouble if I didn't take it seriously.

Shoto and I both stood up, watching people run out of the room.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"I think it's an alarm." He grabbed onto my hand and started following the crowd. "We should get out of here."

In the back of my mind, I was worried sick about where Izuku, Katsuki, All Might, my grandmother, Aizawa, and my classmates were, but I decided not to focus on that.

I had never noticed how many kids were actually packed in the cafeteria until they were all in a big crowd like that. Shoto and I tried to stay close together. Otherwise, we would have both been struggling to stay afloat.

Surely enough, however, we lost one another as students shoved themselves between us. I was pushed every-which-way as I struggled to keep my footing.

'Do these kids think they're going to impress anyone by going crazy at the first sign of an attack?'

I saw Tenya, Ochako, and Izuku all getting crushed in front of me and I started to swim their way. People around them were shouting at and pushing anything they could.

Tenya got thrown up against the windows and at first looked in pain, but then his eyes widened in some sort of realization.

It was when I tried to get a better view of what he was looking at that I saw it. It was the press from earlier.

'Are you serious?! How the hell did they break in when kids from all around the world with the best quirks of the generation still need help pushing open the doors? Those things are like a meter thick!!'

My eyes shifted to my left to see Eijiro and Denki both being smothered as they tried to climb on top of the crowd. That's how bad it got.

I looked over at Tenya to see if he'd been crushed by those immeasurable strong glass panes and we made eye contact.

Just as soon as I caught his eyes they left as Ochako screamed for help beside me. As soon as I let my guard down I got pushed to the floor and became the thing guys would step on to get a better view of the chaos.

'Goddammit,' I thought, just accepting my place now.

I heard engines start from above me and caught a quick glance of Tenya, flying.

'How the hell did that even happen?'

I heard a slam against the wall and assumed he crashed. But he wasn't done yet.

"LISTEN UP, EVERYTHING IS OKAY!!" he yelled, managing to quiet the crowd. I took the opportunity to hop to my feet. "There's nothing to worry about; it's just the media outside!!"

He glared down at his peers with panicked eyes. "Everything is fine! We're U.A. students! We need to remain calm and prove that we're the beat of the best!!"

As soon as people stopped crowding around the exit, the halls became more open and people could stand with at least the centimeters of personal space again.

Sirens sounded outside and people started looking out the window at the press being shoved back outside there school gates.

'That was impressive: how well he could control an unstable crowd of teenagers like that,' I thought, smiling to myself. 'I guess he has just as high of standards for himself that he does everything else.' I got a little sidetracked, beginning to imagine him yelling for hours at himself in the mirror, and chuckled.