Chapter 10 ~ Shoto Vs. (Y/n)

'SLAM!'

Silence filled the room with suffocating discomfort as the four of us looked at one another.

"What was that about?" Mezo asked sternly, turning to Shoto and me. We both avoided eye contact with him, not really in the mood to explain.

"Well I'm just glad you're feeling better now," Su smiled, "you were really freaking out earlier."

"Yeah, sorry about that," I chuckled, my gaze dancing around the halls.

"We should head over to the building now," Shoto said, changing the topic of conversation, "All Might won't want to wait."

Clapping my hands and focusing my vision on Su, I said, "Right! We'll want some time to start planning a strategy, so let's go!"

I grabbed onto Su's wrist and began to dash away, waving and yelling "Good luck!" back at Mezo and Shoto as I ran.

~~~~~~~~

"Are our bunch of rookies ready?!!" All Might yelled over the speakers that surrounded us. We had just arrived at the top floor; we didn't even get to assign who was going to do what yet!

"Let the match..." I sprinted to the nearest window to see where Shoto and Mezo were, and, thankfully, they were standing right outside the entrance. "BEGIINNNN!!!"

I watched the both of the leisurely waltz onto the first level, as though they already were certain they would win.

'Do they already have a plan, or are they just going to wing it?' I wondered, walking back over to Su.

"Listen," I said as Su bobbed her head up, "Shoto's quirk could be very dangerous to you, so you cannot fight him at all. Unfortunately, it's long range, so you should avoid him at all costs."

"I doubt they'll try to stick together, so I'll just go after Mezo," she suggested.

"Good." I ran to the window again and saw Mezo standing by himself, looking around like he was bored. Looking down, I said, "Climb down the outside walls in camouflage and try to catch Mezo by surprise, I'll cover Shoto."

She nodded and slowly crept out, being careful to watch where Mezo was focusing.

'I'll just shrink and try taking Shoto by surprise,' I thought, 'It doesn't seem like he thinks he needs Mezo's extremely useful quirk, so I bet he's underestimated our abilities.'

I began to clear my mind and relax, slowly shrinking down to the size of a bug. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw something move across the hallway, scaring me half-to-death.

'Is he already here!?!?' I thought, panicked sending my mind into a frenzy.

My quirk went out of control just in time to save me from being frozen, along with the rest of the building.

I fell to the ground, awed at the thick ice surrounding every inch of the lot.

'So he was planning on freezing the two of us where we were standing,' I thought, 'I wonder if he'll expect any resistance.' I smirked evilly to myself, already planning my new course of action. I was careful not to land on my ankles for fear of breaking them and focused on trying as hard as I could not to slip and mess up my grand idea.

'Wait - Su's in danger!' I thought, fear and doubt easing its way into my head, 'She might be fighting with Mezo right now!'

I grew as fast as I could and raced over to the window.