Chapter 9 ~ The Demon Emerges

My head reeled as I slowly began to hear rustling from in front of me. My body was relaxed and my head was empty. I drowsily opened my eyes, blinking and squinting at the sudden increase of light. At first, all I could see around me was an abundance of white. My gaze drifted around as I tried to figure out what was going on.

I looked to my side and found a familiar head of hair facing me, the owner looking down as he read a book. He was still in his hero costume.

"Hey," I said, my voice brittle and raspy. My throat didn't hurt at all, so I found it odd my voice came out as creaky as it did.

He looked up and placed his book on a small table next to him.

"Oh, so she finally wakes up," my grandmother, the nurse, said. She was sitting at her desk, filing some papers.

I sat up. "How long was I out?"

"Only around ten minutes," Shoto said, scanning my upper body and face. "Are you feeling alright? Momo Yaoyorozu used a tranquilizer dart to sedate you after you tried to stop the fight."

My memories began to resurface, and I immediately leaped out of bed, my blanket flying away. My mind spiraled in every direction with worry. "Where are Izuku and Katsuki?" I demanded.

Something hit the back of my head from behind, making a hollow sound.

"Ouch!" I turned around, holding the spot where my head got hit.

"Sit down," my grandmother said, holding a metal pipe.

I raised an eyebrow, "You just have that sitting around, ready to beat on the first unruly patient?" I questioned.

"Came in handy, didn't it?" she retorted, motioning to the bed. She frowned lightly at me, the fire dancing in her tired eyes betrayed her stoic expression, with cracks of anger seeping through. I glared at her, but obeyed her command anyway, even if I was unhappy about it.

"You're not in good enough condition to go running around; that dart made you rather ill," she sighed, sitting back down in her spinny chair. "You're not goin' anywhere until I give you the say-so!" She glared at me from the corner of her eye, almost to punctuate her silent threat.

I heaved a sigh and slumped back down into my bed, my lip popping out in a sulk, a depressing aura surrounding me.

"Don't worry; they're both okay," Shoto said, attempting to comfort me and looking off to the side. He narrowed his eyes, looking off into the distance. I raised my eyebrow at the odd action but decided not to comment on it. I'll leave that to Caito. "You passed out right before the fight ended. Midoriya punched up using his quirk and destroyed most of the building. He did that so his partner could use her quirk on an object and defeat Iida, winning the match."

"And Katsuki?" I asked. His eyes flicked back to me.

"He wasn't injured at all."

I felt a tremendous weight lift off my chest as my lips fell into a smile. "That's great news," I breathed, relaxing on my bed.

I sat back up. "Where are they now?"

I felt a chilling breeze rush over me as a demon whipped its head to attempt to burn me alive with its threateningly dangerous glare. The scene felt so comically ominous, that I could imagine my father crashing through the walls of the infirmary in his dinky ice cream truck, and hurling scoop after scoop of ice cream at me in attempt to bury me alive, his mustache curling at the ends in a dangerous 1800s-railroad-man-style.

"Sit. Down. NOW," she hissed, narrowing her eyes at me. I could tell she wished she had a heat vision quirk at that moment. I looked to Shoto for support, but he seemed unbothered by the monster sitting across from us. I can tell you one thing, she is NO little old lady.