Chapter 26: The Twins Are Born

(At the hospital)

(So they got Lauren and Alex a room to rest, since Lauren is getting the contractions.)

"Ok Ms. Riihimaki, how are you feeling? How far apart are the contractions?" the doctor asked.
"I'm ok! The contractions are 3 minutes apart and they are lasting 30 seconds," Lauren said.
"Oh ok! Well they need to be 5 minutes apart and last 60 seconds," the doctor said.
"Oh ok. How much am I dilated?"Lauren asked.
"You're dilated 6 centimeters," the doctor said.
"Oh ok," Lauren said.
"Yeah, you have to be dilated 10 centimeters to go to the delivery room," the doctor said.
"Oh ok," Lauren said.
"Oh ok, well I'll be back to check up on you in 10 minutes. If you have any questions just push this button and a nurse or I will come and help you," the doctor said.
"Ok thank doctor," Lauren said.

"Hey Lauren, how do you feel?" Alex asked.
"Um, I don't know! This is so weird! I can't believe we're here at the hospital! I can't believe I'm gonna be giving birth today!" Lauren said.
"I know! But just remember we are going to be starting a new life together! This is going to be a new chapter of our life!" Alex said.
"I know! All I'm happy for is that I'm starting this new journey, with you!" Lauren said.
"Me too!" Alex said. (Then they kissed.)

(Two Hours Later)

"Owe! Owe! Owe!" Lauren yelled.
"Lauren just breathe! Just breathe!" Alex said.
"I'm trying! These contractions fuckin' suck!" Lauren yelled.
"I know! I know! Just breathe, baby! Just Breathe!" Alex yelled.

(Doctor comes in)

"Ok how are you holding up Ms. Riihimaki?" the doctor said.
"Not really well! OWE!!!" Lauren yelled.
"It's time to go to the delivery room!" the doctor said.
"What?" Lauren and Alex said at the exact same time.
"You're at 10 centimeters! You're about to become parents!" the doctor said.
"Oh god! We're gonna be parents! We're gonna be a mommy and daddy, babe!" Lauren said.
"Yeah we are!" Alex said. (Then they kissed.)

Lauren's POV
Oh god! This is it! My babies are coming! I'm gonna be in charged of two other human beings! This is crazy! But I'm happy, I'm doing this with the man I love!

Alex's POV
This is it! I'm gonna be a father! Lauren and I are gonna be parents! We're gonna be in charge of two other human beings!

"Ok, Lauren! It's time to push, ok!" the doctor said.
"Ok!" Lauren said.
"Lauren hold my hand! Squeeze it, when you're in a lot of pain!" Alex said.
"Ok!" Lauren said.
"Ok, now push! Push as hard as you!" the doctor said.
"Ok! OWE!!!" Lauren yelled.
"Ok! You're gonna have to push even harder Lauren!" the doctor said.
"Owe! I'm trying!" Lauren yelled.
"You got this babe! Just breathe!" Alex said.
"Ok, she's out! Here's your daughter!" the doctor said.
"Oh my god! She's beautiful! Oh my god! That's our daughter! We just had our first baby, Alex!" Lauren said.
"I know! She's precious!" Alex said.
"Ok, Lauren! They're gonna wrap her up, but now it's time to take out your son!" the doctor said.
"Ok! I'm ready!" Lauren said.
"Ok push!" the doctor said.
"You got this babe!" Alex said.
"Owe!" Lauren said.
"Just push a little more!" the doctor said.
"Ok! OWE!!!" Lauren yelled.
"Just breathe! Just breathe!" Alex said.
"And he's out! Congratulations! You're both parents!" the doctor said.
"Oh my god! He's so adorable!" Lauren said.
"He sure is!" Alex said. (Then they kissed again.)

Lauren's POV
I can't believe! I just gave birth to two beautiful babies! I'm so happy everything turned out, amazing! And I can tell Alex is just as happy as I am!

"So here are your twins!" the doctor said while handing the boy to Alex and the girl to Lauren.
"Oh my god! They're so beautiful! I can't take in all this cuteness!" Lauren said.
"Yeah me either! They're so adorable!" Alex said.
"So do we have any names?" the doctor said.
"Yeah we already had the names picked out!" Lauren said.
"Oh, so what are the names?" the doctor asked.
"So for our daughter, her name is Lexia Alexandra Burriss and our son's name is Addison Lawrence Burriss. But would it be weird to add my last name to their names?" Lauren asked.
"No, a lot of parents like to put both of their last names on their kid's birth certificate," the doctor said.
"Oh so it is normal," Lauren said.
"Yes it is," the doctor said.
"Ok," Lauren said.

"Lauren?" Alex said.
"Yes, babe," Lauren answered.
"Thank you so very much for these adorable twins. You're the most amazing girl I've ever met! And I'm very happy knowing you are the mother of my kids," Alex said.
"Aww! You're welcome babe! And thank you so much for this adorable family! I'm so happy I met you! I'm so happy you're the father of my kids," Lauren said.
"You're welcome!" Alex said. (Then they kissed.)

(So now they have two kids. So their names are Lexia Alexandra Burriss Riihimaki and Addison Lawrence Burriss Riihimaki.)

Hopefully you enjoyed this long chapter. Thank you so very much for giving up your time to read my book. Anyway, if you enjoyed this chapter please give it a vote, I would really appreciate it. Don't forget to come back everyday for more updates.
Mkay Bye!

— Citlaly