Chapter 29: The Court Date

Lauren's POV
Today Alex and I have to go to court to fight for Addison! I'm nervous but I know everything is gonna go well! I just hope the judge is smart and won't let Baz see Addison.

Alex's POV
Lauren has been very nervous about today. I'm also nervous but I got to stay positive! I really hope we win today!

(At the Courthouse)

"Ok everyone sit down! Today we are here for Baz fighting for custody rights for his son Addison Lawrence Burriss Riihimaki. And then Alexander Burriss and Lauren Riihimaki fighting for no custody rights for Baz. Can I have Baz come to the stand!" the judge said.
"I'm here your honor," Baz said.
"Do you Baz swear you will say the truth and nothing but the truth?" a lawyer asked.
"Yes!" Baz said.
"So Baz, Addison is your son, correct?" the lawyer asked.
"Yes," Baz said.
"And his mother is indeed Lauren Riihimaki?" the lawyer asked.
"Yes, she is," Baz answered.
"And you've been in a relationship with her?" the lawyer asked.
"Yes for 5 years," Baz said.
"When you impregnated Lauren, were you still dating?" the lawyer asked.
"No, she and I were broken up and she was already in another relationship," Baz said.
"Ok, when your son was was born, were you there?" the lawyer asked.
"No," Baz answered.
"Why?" the lawyer asked.
"I was in jail!" Baz said.
"When did you find out your son was born?" the lawyer asked.
"I found out by watching Lauren and Alex's videos, debuting the twins," Baz said.
"Ok, Baz you may go back to the bench," the lawyer said.
"Thank you," Baz said.
"Can Ms. Lauren Riihimaki come to the stand?" the judge said.
"Yes, your honor," Lauren said.
"Lauren do you swear you will say the truth and nothing but the truth?" the lawyer asked.
"Yes," Lauren answered.
"So Lauren, why did you and Baz breakup?" the lawyer asked.
"I broke up with him because I caught him cheating," Lauren said.
"Ok, how long did it take you to start dating Alex?" the lawyer asked.
"Alex and I started dating a few weeks after my breakup," Lauren answered.
"So has Baz bothered you and Alex before?" the lawyer asked.
"Yes," Lauren answered.
"How many times?" the lawyer asked.
"Twice," Lauren answered.
"When Baz impregnated you, you were dating Alex correct?" the lawyer asked.
"Yes," Lauren answered.
"So you cheated on Alex?" the lawyer asked.
"No," Lauren answered.
"What do you mean?" the lawyer asked.
"I don't count it as cheated because Baz raped me," Lauren said.
"Oh, how did that happen?" the lawyer asked.
"One day, I was walking over to Alex's apartment and a bag was put over my head. Then I was taken to an abandoned house. So basically Baz kidnapped me and used me as a sex slave," Lauren said.
"Oh. How did you know Baz was the father of Addison?" the lawyer asked.
"When I found out I was pregnant, Alex and I went to get an ultrasound. The doctor told us that I was pregnant with twins. Then I told the doctor to do a DNA test and she did. She then told me that Alex was the father of my daughter but not my son. And the only other person who I've had sex with was Baz," Lauren said.
"Ok, Lauren you can go back to the bench," the lawyer said.
"Thank you," Lauren said.
"Can Mr. Alexander Burriss please come to the stand?" the judge said.
"Yes, your honor," Alex responded.
"Alex, do you swear you will say the truth and nothing but the truth?" the lawyer asked.
"Yes," Alex responded.
"How did you feel knowing Addison isn't actually your son? Don't you feel weird about raising someone else's child?" the lawyer asked.
"No. I try not to think about that. Of course at first I felt weird but I knew no matter what, I knew I was gonna love this little guy even if I'm not his biological father," Alex said.
"Ok, who saved Lauren from Baz when she was kidnapped?" the lawyer asked.
"I did," Alex responded.
"How did you save her?" the lawyer asked.
"So, to sum up, Baz made Lauren break up with me. A few days went by and it was Sunday, and Lauren posts her new video on Sunday and she hadn't post anything. I got worried so I called all her friends to find out if she was ok and no one had heard from her. Then I called her phone multiple times and no answer. Then I realized she had the Find My Friends App on and I tracked down her phone and it led me to the abandoned house. I called the cops and then went in, punched Baz and found Lauren," Alex said.
"Oh ok. Why don't you want Baz to have custody rights?" the lawyer asked.
"I feel like he doesn't care about Addison. He probably only wants him to get Lauren and me mad. Also, I don't know how he would treat him," Alex said.
"What do you mean by that?" the lawyer asked.
"He tried to kill me and he physically abused Lauren, I don't know if I can trust him with Addison," Alex said.
"Ok, that makes sense. Question are you known to be violent?" the lawyer asked.
"No. Actually the opposite, but when it comes to Lauren or the twins, that changes," Alex said.
"Ok, Alex you may go back to the bench," the lawyer said.
"Thank you," Alex said.
"We're gonna take a recess, but when we come back I will let you know if Baz gets custody rights or not," the judge said.

"Lauren how are you feeling?" Alex asked.
"I feel ok, I think we did good, right?" Lauren asked.
"Yeah, there's nothing to worry about, Addison is going to stay with us, I promise," Alex said.
"I know, but I'm still nervous, but you are right I should relax," Lauren said.
"Ok just remember we're doing this for Addison," Alex said.
"Yeah, for Addison," Lauren said. (They kisses and walked back into the courtroom.)

(Back in the Courtroom)

"Ok, so I have made my decision. And my decision is that Baz ..." the judge said.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Hopefully you enjoyed this chapter. Sorry I'm ending it at a cliffhanger. Anyway if you enjoyed this chapter please give it a vote, I would really appreciate it. Don't forget to come back everyday for more updates. What do you think the judge's decision is? Do you think Baz will get half custody of Addison? Come back tomorrow to find out!
Mkay Bye

— Citlaly