XXIX - Everyday

"Good morning, my love." I spoke casually as I draped my body across Will's doorframe, my arms behind my back.

Will glanced at me and began to snigger, "You're such a dork."

"Oh, am I? I guess that means you won't want these then, you know, if they're from a dork." I muttered as I dramatically revealed the bunch of flowers I'd bought for my new boyfriend that I'd kept well hidden until that moment.

The early morning sun seemed to shine even brighter as an ecstatic smile lit up the face of the person I loved most and his engaging eyes glittered with a profound joy, setting my heart racing. "Mikey, oh my god, you shouldn't have!" He gasped as I handed the flowers to Will. My Will. "They're beautiful."

"I did some research," I announced proudly, pointing out the flowers, "I know you like carnations so I found out that this pale red colour here symbolises admiration and the darker red symbolises a deep love, such as the love I feel for you."

"You're amazing, baby. I love you so much." Will raised the hand not clutching tightly onto his flowers  and wound his fingers into my hair as he stood on his tip-toes and gave be a long-lasting, romantic kiss.

Regretfully pulling away, I clapped my hands together and took charge, "Come on, Will. Take those inside and then we can get going to school."

When Will had returned from putting my gift in a vase, the two of us clambered onto our bikes and headed towards the school. I couldn't help but stare at the smiling boy riding beside me despite the fact that I was supposed to be watching where I was going and not him. However, I discovered that the the wind whipping through Will's long hair and blowing it in every direction and his furrowed brow in concentration happened to be some of the most mesmerising sights I'd ever had the pleasure of witnessing and, as a result, I was unable to force myself to look away.

"Eyes on the road, dork." The subject of all my concentration voiced, attempting to sound stern but I could hear the underlying giggle laced within his words.

"That my new name, huh? You're gonna call me "dork" all the time?"

"Yep!" Will spoke happily and I rolled my eyes at him.

"Anyway, it's because of you I can't focus on the road! It's not my fault I have the most beautiful boyfriend in existence." I shot back playfully, expecting Will to respond with his own witty remark however he fell silent. "Will?" I asked, constantly worried about him.

The boy looked lost in his thoughts for a moment before finally responding, calming my now erratic heartbeat as he did so, "I'm just wondering if we should tell them. Our party, I mean. Should we tell them about us?"

"It's up to you, darling. Do you think you're ready?"

"Yeah, I do. I want to tell everyone!" Will announced and my eyes returned to him to witness a bright, excited grin written plainly across his face and in that moment, he looked so beautiful that I completely forgot what I was supposed to be doing and very nearly crashed my bike.

My boyfriend's loud laughter reached my ears and I began to blush yet again at my own awkwardness. "See!" Will exclaimed triumphantly, "Eyes on the road...dork."

Saying goodbye to Will after Homeroom was always tough - constantly glancing around the corridors to look for him and being terrified he'd run into more of the people who wanted to make his life hell - and today was no different.

After every lesson, I hoped to see him, even just for a moment, before I had to head to my next class however I had no such luck. The next time my eyes were able to admire the beauty of my boyfriend was after I had sped out of my History classroom and shot up the stairs, just in time to wait for Will who was leaving Geography.