XXX - Everyday Pt. 2

The party gawped at us in shock, no one saying a word.

The first voice to be heard was one belonging to a girl and I naturally presumed it would be Max once again flinging herself at her brother and telling him how happy she was however I found I was the one engulfed in an embrace by Eleven.

"Mike! Oh my god, this is amazing. I've been hoping for this for years. I'm so happy for you!" The brunette squeaked and I found myself hugging her back. How could I possibly have forgotten about mine and Eleven's early-teen daydreaming? Us imagining my future with Will that I never really expected to come true. El was the only person I could confide in about my feelings for years yet in recent times, I'd come to neglect her. She'd been a friend to me when I'd needed one most and I'd abandoned her but here she was, celebrating along with me as if we were still two giggling fourteen year-olds.

"Years?" Will questioned, seemingly bemused.

"Yeah," I laughed breathlessly as Eleven finally let me go, "El was the first person I ever told that I had feelings for you when I was fourteen."

"I never knew that." My boyfriend muttered, his eyes downcast at the thought of me sharing secrets with my ex-girlfriend and I returned his hand to mine - where it belonged - to reassure him.

My eyes travelled to the remainder of the party whose looks of surprise were finally disappearing from their faces to be replaced with expressions of excitement. Unsurprisingly, the next person to speak was Max and I could have sworn I saw her eyes well up as she congratulated her brother and threatened to kill me if I ever hurt him.

"Good job, buddy." Dustin said slapping my shoulder and I grinned at him, unable to contain my glee.

Lucas gave me a prolonged hug as he joked with Will and I at Dustin's expense, "I'm glad you guys have joined us non-single folk." The boy dragged Max closer to him as he put his arm around her and she rolled her eyes at him, however the affection she felt for him was still visible in her sapphire orbs, "Now it's just Dustin out of us guys who can't get himself a relationship."

The boy with the tightly curled hair glared at Lucas but my eyes weren't focused on this and instead drifted beside him to the brunette girl perched close to him and I saw a scarlet blush tint her cheeks. I looked at my boyfriend who I noticed had also been watching Eleven and he gazed back at me, smirking as we silently acknowledged that Lucas was wrong about Dustin being alone.

The boy removed his signature hat and ran his fingers through his curls anxiously before hastily changing the subject, "So," He asked with a presumptuous grin, "You guys, you know, fucked yet?"

"Dustin! You can't just say that!" The dark-haired girl chastised however I recognised the spark of interest hidden within her slight giggle as her, Dustin and Lucas all gazed at Will and I expectantly.

Max, on the other hand, had her wide, terrified eyes trained solely on Will as if she was searching his face to gauge his emotional state. The red-head was distressed and I felt the same way she looked, my heart pumping at what felt like 3000 beats per minute and my hairline moistened with sweat as I began to panic, of course being well aware of what the answer was but also having the knowledge of the immense trouble it had caused between us.

After a few silent seconds, I finally built up the courage to glance at my boyfriend to witness how he was reacting to the question. To my great surprise, his beautiful face that brought so much wonder and delight into my life, displayed no hints of uncomfortableness only perhaps slight disapproval at the crude question. With a raised eyebrow, he finally responded: "God, Dustin, why is that the first thing you have to ask? Yeah, we have but only once and it was actually before we got together. It was back before Christmas."